At Vacasa, we work with plenty of homeowners who have exhausted themselves and drained their resources trying to market and manage their vacation homes alone. It might seem like you’re saving money by avoiding a management fee, but you end up paying for a heap of smaller expenses that add up quickly but are easy to overlook when you’re hammering out a budget.
And that’s not even getting into the costs to your time. It takes a lot of energy to market your home effectively, field calls from prospective guests, placate unhappy ones, make sure you’re up-to-date with the right permits and licenses, handle your taxes, oversee cleaning and maintenance, research the optimal rates for vacation homes in your area, and so much more. Honestly, we’re kind of stressed out just writing this.
Our one comprehensive Vacasa management fee means that you’ll never be surprised by how much you pay to keep your vacation rental in ship-shape – and consistently booked. It also means your life won’t interrupted by any of the unavoidable headaches we just mentioned. As a Vacasa homeowner, you can just sit back, enjoy your newfound free time, and collect your payment every month.
If you choose to manage your rental yourself, here are some of the costs you can expect – in both money and time.
- Marketing and advertising
- Writing copy
- Managing reviews
- Website listing fees and subscription costs
- Staging and interior decorating
- Housekeeping, including cleaning products, laundry, and guest amenities
- Indoor and outdoor maintenance, including landscaping, pruning and planting, hot tub and pool cleaning, carpet cleaning, seasonal deep cleans, snow removal, and sprinkler installation and repair
- Remaining on-call for guests
- Handling reservations, inquiries, and check-ins
- Processing payments
- Dealing with refunds and other unforeseen losses
- Communicating with concerned or unhappy guests
- Rate setting and optimization
- Taxes and accounting fees
- Securing permits and licenses
- Keeping abreast of HOA policies and other community regulations
- Managing vendors
At Vacasa, our goal is to take the weight off your shoulders. When you work with us, you’re hiring a dedicated team of marketing pros, rate optimization experts, locally-focused property managers, seasoned housekeepers, and reservation specialists, all of whom are laser-focused on the success of your property.
We won’t nickel-and-dime you, and we won’t intrude on your life – we’ll just manage your property impeccably and get you a better return on your investment – on average, 34% more than our competitors. It’s really that easy.