Commodore's Cove - Key West, FL
Max occupancy: 12
3 King Bed,
2 Twin Bed,
2 Sofa Bed
(30 lb weight limit)
219 Simonton St (downstairs), Key West, FL 33040
Family and dog-friendly island condo w/ full kitchen and a great location!
Commodore's Cove offers the best of Key West: a prime location and the amenities of home. Up to 12 can stay at this welcoming condo, so bring the whole family along! The family dog is also welcome to join you for an additional nightly fee.
Stroll down to historic Duval Street a block away, where you'll find classic Key West dining options like Blue Heaven, as well as plenty of shopping and lively nightlife. Walk around the piers a few blocks up, or head down to the south side of the island about a mile and a half away for a spot on the sand.
Commodore's Cove is the lower level of a home that can be rented all together for larger groups. Four cable TVs and free WiFi keep the group connected. Cook up the catch of the day in the full kitchen, which features a fridge, microwave, oven, and stove. A dog may join you for a small nightly fee.
Make Commodore's Cove your group's Key West getaway!
*Please note you must be 25 or older to make a reservation on this property.*
I really enjoyed my stay here! The house was great and was even better in person than in the pictures. Very big, clean, and has central AC!! I stayed with my family (12 people total) for my birthday for a week and there was plenty of room for everyone and plenty of towels and linens. There was also a washer and dryer which definitely came in handy. This house was also a short 5 minute walk to the beach on Simonton Street which was amazing! There were a couple of minor things like the bathroom sinks and tub in a couple of rooms had a slow drain and front door knob was loose so the door wouldn’t latch sometimes. However not a dealbreaker at all, we made it work. We had an amazing time and I really enjoyed my stay here. I will definitely be back and would definitely stay in this home again without a doubt!!! Thank you so much!!!!!⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
House is ideally suited for a great nights sleep in a clean, updated house. Bathroom are modern, bedrooms appropriately sized and has everything you need for a great stay. Perfect for adults, not so much for kids.
This property was clean and close to the action.
Comfortable home for 4 couples with each having a private bath! Right in the center is the action!
Rented this unit for a 3 night 40th Birthday trip with 10 friends. Made the reservation in October and the rate was a bit high. However, I wanted 10-12 of us to be comfortable, and not to miss out on a booking, so I went ahead with it. Let me list the pros and cons simply for you.
Location, Location, Location...I made a plan of a ton of places to visit and if your goal is enjoying great eats and drink on Duval, hitting Mallory Square, and checking out the harbor area...this is the spot for you. We walked as far East as the Hemmingway House and Bobby's Monkey Bar and as far North and West as The Waterfront Brewery and Pepes with ease.
The house is pretty spacious. We wound up having 8 people on two nights and 10 on one night. We put couples in the bedrooms and I brought an air mattress just to offer a few extra sleeping spots. We didn't bump into one another too bad and everyone seemed mostly comfortable. The rooms are TIGHT, but the beds (at least mine) was comfy.
Check-in was pretty easy. Put the code in the door. Enter. Staff called before and after check-in to make sure we were all doing well.
Easily reachable staff...had to make a few calls and they were answered and addressed right away.
As noted in another review, the unit lists three king beds and that is completely false. I had assumed after the review called it out and they still showed three kings that maybe they had upgraded one of the reviews. That's not the case. Having to determine which couple gets the tighter fit (and then figure out if they should pay as much as the couples in the king beds) added a little more stress right away than I'd have preferred.
The patio situation is very confusing. The walk through on the site clearly shows a patio and hallway at the back of the unit. The problem is that the door was locked when we arrived. So we called and it was opened for us which was great. However, we noticed the door couldn't be locked/unlocked by us, which meant our unit was completely accessible by any of the upstairs renters. We bumped into them a couple times and they seemed nice, but it was still strange. Then the door was locked again, walling us off from the patio, the washer/dryer and the hot tub. I called but was told the hot tub was actually not for us but the other renters. That made me feel very foolish because my friends used it and now I wonder if we upset the upstairs renters using their hot tub. I understand the house is meant to be able to be booked together so you get the whole property, but it just needs to be clearer. Showing the door open in the walkthrough and showing a photo of the patio certainly makes it seem like it was for us as well.
The house was good. The floor was not clean at all when we arrive. We clean it before we put our stuff in house. We didnot receive any service during our stay till the last day after our repeat complain about service. Other than that everything was fine. Good location.. they need to get their AC checked, making loud noise ctting on and off thru out the night.
We apologize the home was not properly cleaned for this guest's arrival and understand what a disappointment that must have been. We were able to resolve this issue, and the guest has been refunded accordingly. Thank you!
1. LOCATION—near Duval Street, near the free Duval loop bus, near the water....if you’re looking for close to the action-this place is it.
2. Every bedroom has a bathroom which is great for multiple couples
3. The unit does have a washer and dryer although it is outside
4. It’s updated inside and inside only. The outside of this place is worn. The inside is renovated and all the beds were comfortable.
1. LOUD. With location comes noise. This units windows are literally on the sidewalk so you hear everything and you hear it day and night. There’s black out shades in every room to avoid people from seeing in, but it’s a little uncomfortable when you can hear them so close by. Also, the noise from the upstairs unit was ridiculous. At one point we had to knock on the wall. 6 kids in an upstairs rental is absurd. They ran around day and night. Unfortunately you won’t know who your neighbors are upstairs but know that regardless, this is a loud house.
2. Cleaning service—we were told our unit would be cleaned every 3 days and it was not. They came the day before we left to refresh towels and such. Also, there was no detergent left for us to do laundry so we had to go buy it.
3. UNEXPECTED VISITORS-well on our last day, prior to our check out time, the next guests decided to come check out their rental and literally had the same code as we did and walked into our house while we were there. This was a huge turn off because had we not been home, here was all our luggage just sitting there to be taken. I have no idea why they wouldn’t change the code after each set of renters.
Overall, average place. Definitely a great location but also definitely has its cons.
We are sorry to read this review. This unit is in a desirable location, so it does come with some noise. We are very sorry if housekeeping missed coming during this guest's stay; we will investigate the matter. We have a security system that generates a new code for each reservation; the new guests entered an unlocked door. We do apologize for the intrusion these guests experienced.
Everything in the title says it all, we loved the convenience of the location, the building just needs some tender loving care. With that being said, our main concern in our group of twelve, was location and having a clean, roomy place to rest our weary selves after long days of walking and taking in all the sights. We rented the lower level, Commodore's Cove, for three nights @ $1800.00. Once you get past the "storefront facade" and the feeling of being in a retro Mom & Pop store (previously Ships Hardware?) you might settle in quite nicely, as we did. The interior was very nice and spacious, everything we needed and more, other than the floors need a good mopping; wear dark socks. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the exterior, unless they are going for the Shabby Chic look, it desperately needs painting and the broken front window needs to be replaced. There were a few snafus upon arrival; we noticed there were only two King beds and one Queen, not three King's as listed in the description, our back hallway door to the upstairs unit was unlocked and could not be locked without a key (which we did not have) and lastly we did not know where to park. The telephone number I was given lead me to speaking with someone in Oregon. He called the Property Manager, Josh, who returned my call promptly and was at our door accompanied by Victoria, within thirty minutes. They were both very nice and apologetic about the King bed actually being a Queen, he locked the door to the upstairs, put traffic cones along the side of the building to secure us a parking spot and were on their way. Unfortunately, after they left we noticed two signs taped to the side of the building; "No Parking By Order Of Police" (due to construction). Yes, I said "construction", luckily most of us were up in the morning with the roosters, so no worries there. However, the construction closed the street which forced us to Pay To Park in the lot across the street. This amounted to approximately $50 total for the three days. We thought we would be smart on the second day and rent a Golf Cart at $180 per twenty four hours. Not so smart...We ran into the same problems with no parking. Most all sidewalk parking is for residents only. Most of the Pay To Park were blocks away from where we wanted to be and cost $2.50 per hour. The cost was not the problem, the distance for our two handicapped individuals was. All in all, we had fun, just not sure we would return to this particular unit.
We will follow-up with housekeeping on the floors and apologize for the inconvenience this guest experienced with the parking.
We had a group of ladies who recently stayed here for a 30th birthday. Overall we really enjoyed the rental and agreed we would stay there again! Here are some pros, cons and things to know:
1) GREAT location! 2 blocks off of Duval.
2) Each bedroom has it's own bathroom which is convenient.
3) The kitchen and common area are great for cooking and hosting.
4) E-lock code system super easy for locking and getting into rental.
5) Rental was overall kept up pretty nice.
6) Daily refresh service was nice so we could get more towels and blankets.
1) We stayed in the lower unit and had a bachelor party above us so it was loud at times. Definitely something to keep in mind if you can't sleep with or get disturbed by noise.
2) The bedding for the sofa beds was not cleaned when we arrived. One bed looked like it either had pizza or puke on the sheets and the other bed had a dead bug.
3) Although relatively clean and manageable, I feel the property needs a deep cleaning and steaming of all common furniture and surfaces.
4) During our stay, we woke up one morning to find a cracked/almost completely shattered front window. We called the office to let them know and they were not quick to respond and take care of the issue. I'm not even sure they ever sent someone out to look at it.
THINGS TO KNOW:
1) Both units have access to the washer/dryer but you have to go out behind the house to get to it.
2) Faustos Food Palace delivered groceries for us and it was one of the best things we did!
3) The complimentary shuttle service was AMAZING and the drivers were super accommodating. Definitely recommend taking the service to/from the airport.
4) There is a little parking spot behind for either a car or golf cart rentals.
Hope this helps!!
We stayed here with a group of ladies and it was a great house for us. Loved that each room had its own bathroom, the beds were really comfortable and there was a nice amount of hangout space.
Good things to note are that most windows open right onto the street and there are lots of people walking by at all times of day. It would be nice if the bedrooms and bathrooms had more secure shades for privacy instead of curtains, at one point we did have someone peeping in through a gap.
The place is clean and close to everything.
Highly recommended! Modern bathrooms, spacious living room and kitchen. Cleaning service was free and arrived daily. Great locations for groups and families.
Great location. The place was very nice. A few ants noticed and one of the bed’s sheets weren’t completely clean. Overall, had a nice and enjoyable stay!
Worked well for our group of nine. Definitely in the heart of the action, although outside noise was not problem. Short walk to everything, with the exception of the beaches. They are a long(ish) walk. Of course other ways to get around (bikes, scooters, uber, etc.). Exterior somewhat rough condition, but interior in good shape and sufficiently equipped. No dining space, so be aware if you're planning to cook and eat big group meals. Staff/service was solid.
Perfect location around the corner from all the hot spots, which made it really easy as a big group to come and go as we pleased. Only slightly unnerved by being on the bottom floor, but we kept the blinds closed for the most part and it was totally fine! There is no hot tub here FYI, though hopefully you don't need it. Otherwise place was fantastic and great for a large group of women to have a fun girls weekend!
Such a beautiful, reasonably priced home. The staff is very accommodating. The location is perfect because there is easy access to downtown Key West. I️ highly recommend this place for a group of 10 or less