Timber Haven - Jenner, CA
Max occupancy: 6 (4 adults)
1 King Bed,
1 Queen Bed,
1 Sofa Bed
22112 Cypress Court, Jenner, CA 95450
Tranquil home with free WiFi, outdoor fireplace and full kitchen!
This spacious and oceanview home is fully equipped for the perfect beach getaway. With a full kitchen, outdoor fireplace, games, and a comfortable living room, you will have everything you need. After a day of exploring, use the washer and dryer for added convenience. Enjoy the stereo and the beautiful back deck - it's the perfect space to enjoy the ocean breeze.
Drive to Fort Ross, just four miles south or head north to Salt Point State Park. Marvel at the pristine Northern California coastline as you drive along. Walk through the Kruse Rhododendron Natural Reserve just past Salt Point. Hike down into Still Water Cove and stretch out on the sand for some relaxation.
Things to know:
Property permit ID: 3328N
Washer/dryer : Private
Propane/gas home : Propane
Internet : Verizon Wireless
* Love the views from every window, so quiet and peaceful. No road noise, and you can hear the ocean in the distance as well as the sawing of the pines and redwoods. We appreciated the home audio setup and played classical music most of the time to add to the serene experience.
* House is open and bright - it is oriented perfectly on the property and the finishes are all of good quality. We loved the layout! Very quiet, large lot neighborhood of good homes - you're in a good area here. We saw 1 person the entire time!
* Stove/oven, dishwasher, washer/dryer, and fridge are all of good quality and relatively new. Vacasa did not give us dish detergent, so I bought a bottle at Fort Ross Store (note about Vacasa: I called them about the missing laundry and dishwasher detergent - they had a cleaner drop by within an hour with laundry pods, but they brought dish soap (for handwashing dishes -- heck no! :) ) instead of detergent -- I'd made the Vacasa guy repeat "detergent" to me a few times and they still screwed it up -- still, that was pretty good service overall).
* Beds were comfortable but squeaky - I checked under the back bedroom bed and the supports were knocked sideways/out of place. I took the mattress/boards off and realigned the supports, which got us 90% of the way to solved. Owner should consider finding a more lasting solution. I think he's pretty handy, so shouldn't be hard.
* Our two kids loved running around the yard and building "forts" in the woods. There are a couple of outbuildings on the property, including an awesome kid-treehouse (off-limits, and understandably so).
* Lots of animal watching! We had deer families morning and evening, and enjoyed watching 5 or 6 woodpeckers Swiss-cheese a tall dead tree in the yard! We saw a fox and evidence of raccoons, etc.
* It can get REALLY windy on the coast in the afternoons -- we were "blown away" while enjoying drinks at Timber Cove Lodge -- they're not sheltered by trees like this house is. The view of redwoods with the ocean beyond is so calm and provides a great setting for sitting on the deck or roasting marshmallows by the fire.
* The dining table is perfect for doing puzzles and playing board games. We spent hours doing both. Couch was comfortable, and views from small kitchen table were great.
* Adequate lighting in a vacation home for once! There were lots of mini spots in the kitchen (and 24 outlets along the kitchen counter!), reading lamps in both bedrooms on both sides of the beds, and decent lighting for the evening in the living/dining room. We've found that table-side lamps and reading lamps are super-rarity in many vacation homes, so being well-illuminated was a big plus.
* Wood stove was listed as "out of order," but I'm going to guess that's more about the (correct) notion of random vacation renters using it is too big a risk. Understandable. Whole house heater was quiet and worked great (and evenly).
* Timber Cove is a long way from any grocery store. Remember to come loaded with all you need, at least produce and dairy stuff-wise. The two little stores (Fort Ross and Ocean Cove) will have some basics, but you'll pay a big premium and they don't carry much.
* We didn't watch any TV (and I don't think there is cable or satellite?), but there is a Roku (we tried to get the Women's World Cup Final on it, but settled on watching it on my laptop). I ran a speedtest on the Internet and got 12MB down and 1MB up. That's enough for 2 HD streams if that's your thing. We've found that bringing our own Roku stick wherever we go is a good idea.
* Excellent, newer gas grill. We did burgers and dogs on the 4th of July and got great, even results.
* There IS a camera on the front of the house that covers part of the deck, the front yard, and the entrance. I believe the owner explained this in either the property description or in response to another review. Just don't walk around naked or recite your Social Security number and PIN over and over and you'll be fine. ;)
* Good selection of CDs and books to read! The Dog Stars is my favorite book, so good to see it there (consider reading "The River," Peter Heller's latest).
***** Overall, this place was 5 stars. Everything is always price-dependent, and this was a very solid value if your top criteria include quiet/clean/nature. For 4 people (2 in each bedroom) this is absolutely A++.
Thank you for your review, Brandon! The home is very rural, and the camera is strictly for security purposes, mainly when it is unoccupied. We would like to assure our guests it does not record audio. Thanks again!
Beautiful well thought out home. Loved the secluded feel and dense ferns and forest bordering the property. Pacific Ocean view and wondering areas to walk through the neighborhood. Would have loved to stay longer and would definitely keep on the short list of repeat vacation rentals. Thank you for letting us stay in your wonderful house.
The home was clean, lots of room, good location for remote beaches, hikes, and solitude. Neighbors were friendly. We enjoyed the fire pit, the big patio and exploring the property, I hope to stay again.
We were pleasantly surprised by this property. It was a wonderful place for our “baby-moon” vacation.
It was a girlfriends getaway...from work, family and commitments. And Timber Haven was exactly that..a Haven!
We had such a great time here! It's so peaceful and beautiful. The house and its surroundings are maintained very well and you can tell with lots of love. The layout is very open and the beds were super comfy, as was the couch. We spent Alot of time out on the deck just listening to the ocean and, of course the woodpeckers!
We walked the neighborhood and all around.
This trip was for my friend, Julie's birthday.
She said it was the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!
Thank you Ray, for letting us be here in your home! We treated it with the utmost respect!
Thanks Vacasa as well!
Clean, WIFI, good kitchen...
Great cabin! Loved the spot. We had a perfect stay.
Loved it! Beautiful home, two specious rooms, clean , well equipped! Beautiful view, amazing air, huge deck to enjoy outside! The stay was wonderful, thank you for letting us stay at your cabin!!!