At least 7 days before check-in: You can reschedule your trip, or cancel and receive 100% of the cost as a Future Stay Credit.
At least 30 days before check-in: You also have the option to cancel for a refund (minus the booking fee).
Professional housekeepers clean and stock each home, using an EPA-approved disinfectant.
Each trip is backed by 24/7 customer support and local teams everywhere we operate.
Many Vacasa homes use smart locks or lockboxes for a smooth, contactless check-in.
Dog-friendly cabin in the woods w/ fireplace, two decks
Make your next trip in the North Georgia mountains at this rustic and dog-friendly cabin in Ellijay, perfect for a retreat with family or a couple's getaway. Cozy up by the wood-burning fireplace while streaming a show or movie on the new Smart TV, whip up your favorite meal in the kitchen, or enjoy some fresh air on the deck while you prepare lunch or dinner on the gas grill.
The town of Ellijay is eight miles away, where you can enjoy a few shops and restaurants, and head over to the Georgia Apple Festival in the fall. Pick apples at BJ Reece Orchards, or go for a hike at Fall Creek Falls, just 12 miles away. North Georgia has plenty of wineries within driving distance, like Cartecay Vineyards and Engelheim Vineyards where you can sip your drink while gazing over the mountains. Additional outdoor adventures include horseback riding at Blanche Manor in Copperhill and Cow Girl Up Stables in Blueridge, plus whitewater rafting, bicycling, ziplining, golfing, and much more.
Things to know:
Dogs welcome for a nightly fee
Full kitchen (no dishwasher)
A damage waiver, covering up to $2,000 of accidental damage to the property or its contents, is included in the cost of your reservation.
You must be 21 years or older to rent this property.
Washer/dryer : Private
Heating & cooling
Kitchen & dining
Gas grill : Private
Richard K.Nov 2020
Location was great , a short ride and you have all the stores one could ever need., Gas fireplace and wall heather. Very clean . We would come back again.
Betty M.Nov 2020
The cabin was clean and nicely stocked. Even small shampoos, soap, and nice towels. Nice furniture and good wifi and TV. Would bring my own blanket next time. Only downfall was the road to drive on to the cabin. Driving at night was scary. We did have a full size dually pickup truck. Road would be the only reason may not stay there again.
Wilburn F.Nov 2020
Location, ease of access even though it was some distance from paved road, cabin layout was great, clean, and well stocked. Even though the road was dirt, it had a surface of rock that made it solid even in the rain, which we had 2 of the 3 days we were there. Please note that even though the description on the cabin listed a gas fireplace, a wood-burning fireplace and a fire pit, there is no wood-burning fireplace that we could find. Note that big of a deal since there is a gas fireplace, a wood-burning fireplace should not be listed on the description. We would definitely recommend this cabin and will likely go back ourselves.
Russell M.Oct 2020
The recliner needs replaced, it has been used beyond its life. There is no cushion or padding and very uncertain to sit in. The bed also beyond it life as well, you roll to the middle and it is very lumpy. Could not relax because of the furniture.
Thank you for sharing your feedback, Russell. We appreciate you letting us know there is room for improvement. We will pass your comments to the owner for consideration, and we hope to have another chance to impress you in the future!
Rachel H.Sep 2020
1) This cabin is beautiful! It is a good distance between surrounding cabins and the trees in between create a nice barrier. We didn’t really see or hear other people while we were there. Nice view. We saw several groups of deer wandering around. The fire pit outside is a great amenity. We really enjoyed sitting on the upper deck in the rocking chairs just listening and watching. There is also a grill on the upper deck that we utilized. There is a list in the kitchen of things close by to do. We did several of them and had a lot of fun.
2) Gas was turned off, no instructions how to turn it on. Had to call Vacasa maintenance to come turn it on because it was cold. He turned the gas on outside then had to light the pilot in the fireplace with a stick lighter. The whole thing from calling maintenance to having heat took about an hour. We were VERY happy with Vacasa’s responsiveness. The maintenance guy they sent out was friendly and offered us several recommendations of activities in the area.
3) the listing says there is a coffee grinder- we couldn’t find one. Don’t bring whole coffee beans!
4) it is 10 minutes up/down the mountain on a gravel/dirt road from the main road. This wasn’t an issue for us as we drove my SUV but there was no warning about this and someone is a smaller car could have had an issue, especially since it rained a lot while we were there.
Kimberly A.Sep 2020
Great cabin in a great location. Far away enough to get that mountain feel, but close enough to the city for anything you may need. We also appreciated that the cabin looks exactly as depicted in the listing. The pet friendly feature wasn't a factor for us, but you will detect a slight pet odor at first. It didn't bother us, but might affect someone who is sensitive to odors. We also now understand the partial air conditioning description. The bedrooms aren't vented and are noticeably warmer than the other areas of the cabin if you're visiting while the weather is still warm. All in all a great choice for a mountain getaway.
Lisa H.Sep 2020
The cabin was very comfortable and clean. The wooded view was nice as shady summer canopy. I am sure all the maples will be beautiful with color in the fall. We loved the rocking chair front porch for morning coffee and evening drinks. Enjoyed sitting out in the cool breezes of a summer storm.The setting was very serene and private. On the last morning there, as I was making coffee, I looked out the kitchen window to see two deer right outside the window having their breakfast. The fire pit area was very pleasant and comfortable place to sit by a summer fire. Inside, the bed was comfortable and sleep was restful. It was very much a perfect place to get some down time and, relax, and reconnect.
Dennis P.Aug 2020
My family and myself stayed here for 5 nights it was a great experience and a way to just be with each other and relax and legit live in with nature. We hiked, tubed, and just became one with nature for a few days. Definitely book this house if your wanting to get away from the world for a little bit.
1. Nature all around you only few houses on the street.
2. You get quality time with loved ones.
3. Did see some deer at night- no bears and wish we could have seen Bigfoot (next time)
1. No garbage cans on site- was a big issue for us and you have to take your garbage to an actual site which is only open 3 days a week- not horrible but when you dont live like this was a challenge for us.
2. Again your in nature have to remember this and if your at all afraid of spiders- this aint the place there were 100's if not more at night time just walking around- scared the kids so bad they never came out but I was fine just be careful.
3. Drive up the hill was crazy at 1st but after 3rd day we got used to it, the cabin is 1.5 miles up in woods and will take 10mins to drive- nice d4ive but definitely off the beaten path. Have a nice sized vehicle to get up the mountain.
Jayne K.Aug 2020
Lovely cabin. We came here to celebrate my 63rd birthday. The road leading up to it was not bad. In fact I enjoyed it. The cabin was very clean. The porch has a gate so you can let you fur baby run loose on it. There are bears so be careful! There is no Mountain View but it faces the woods which is very peaceful. The only thing I would recommend is a small table on the porch so you could sit out with your meal and enjoy nature. Also close to everything. Definitely recommend it.
Pamela A S.Jul 2020
The scenery and the quit were magnificent. The area is heavily wooded and rustic. We loved the porch and meals on it looking at trees, listening to birds and watching occasional deer. Just be prepared for the rutted gravel roads in!
Ashley F.Mar 2020
Absolutely great time!!
Theodore Z.Mar 2020
That deck with rocking chairs looking off into the woods was fantastic. Comfortable spot
George S.Mar 2020
Perfect! Thank you!!
Carol F.Jan 2020
Very pretty and cozy cabin!
TODD J.Dec 2019
A little dive back but worthwhile
Molly W.Nov 2019
Great getaway near many things to do. Or you can just enjoy the peaceful surroundings from the large porch. Would definitely book again.
Matthew H.Oct 2019
The deer and trees the porch is wonderful.
jacob b.Aug 2019
I got to spend 4 days in the cabin. The evening were quite - even though there are neighbors, you would never know, can't see them or hear them. The cabin is perfect, cozy, well equipped. Would love to stay there again.
Shameika A.Jun 2019
This cabin was tucked away in the little town of Elijay...I wanted to get away for my late daughters birthday and this spot was perfect!!
Easy check-in...no issues...clean cabin!! Will be back!! The town of Elijay was very cute and quaint!!!
Dani M.Jun 2019
The cabin was nice and very clean. The road to the cabin is in horrible condition. Its a 9 minute uncomfortable ride. I'd recommend a 4 wheel drive.
Karla H.May 2019
We loved the location and the cabin. It was so peaceful and we saw some wildlife. Heard a lot of wonderful sounds from the birds and wind blowing through the trees. We had to leave a day early as we needed to get home before the storms came in where we live. Hated to leave
Cheri C.Mar 2019
The cabin was very cozy and comfortable and perfect for what we were looking for - a few days away from the normal hustle and bustle!! It rained the whole time we were there so we only went out to buy groceries and spent the rest of the time watching movies and sitting in front of the fire relaxing!!
David E.Feb 2019
We really enjoyed the beautiful cabin.
Jannette R.Nov 2018
Everything in this place was great. We just need to bring our presence and the groceries everything else was set. I would recommed this place for friends and family.
Angela M.Nov 2018
Cabin is cute and cozy but make sure to bring your own firewood. The only heat is a smell gas heater on the wall and a fireplace.
We are glad to see our guest enjoyed the cabin! The owner does provide firewood under the house on the bottom storage deck. The wall mounted heater works very great as well! Thank you!
Rodolfo S.Nov 2018
A wonderful experience, excellent place, a beautiful landscape and a phenomenal climate, the house was in perfect conditions, clean and with all the comforts, only to point out that they had to update the TV since it is very old, it would be better to be smart to take advantage of the I use the internet that the house has, since there is no cable or signal from local channels, we could not use the TV. For everything else it was wonderful, forced to return and take a break.