Max occupancy: 6
1 King Bed,
1 Queen Bed,
2 Twin Bed
307 Polaris St, Dauphin Island, AL 36528
NEW LISTING! Canalside home with room for a boat - short walk from the beach
You will enjoy sitting on the dock of the bay at this cozy cottage! The perfect getaway for you and your family, this home is located on one of the island's superb canals and is the perfect place to tie up the boat to enjoy an afternoon. This offers the opportunity for fishing or taking a nice boat ride around our wonderful island. While enjoying family time in the living room, you can always step outside through the sliding glass doors leading to the back deck.
What's nearby: You are just steps away from catching some rays on the deck while the kids enjoy an afternoon swim. If you and your family want to enjoy some beach time, no problem, the gulf beach is no more than a half mile walk across Bienville Blvd, or an easy three-minute drive away!
Things to know: Free WiFi Full kitchen You must be at least 25 years old to rent This property is managed by Vacasa Alabama LLC
Read more Read less
Washer/dryer : Private
Emmilyn B.Apr 2019
We came here on a family vacation with my 2 toddlers and inlaws and I absolutely loved the house.
1. The house is in a VERY convenient location to the public beaches AND FOOD.
2. The house is on a canal... its BEAUTIFUL. The sound of water as you sit on the back porch swing at sunrise and sunset is just absolutely amazing.
3. The house is clean - I work in a hospital... I know clean when I see it. The bed was clean, the yard was clean, very impressed.
4. The house is very well stocked. Dont worry about bringing dishes... ANY dishes. Complimentary laundry detergent (and the dishwasher) is beyond helpful when you have toddlers! Ice maker was a huge plus too!
5. The neighbors across the canal are extremely friendly.
6. We fit 4 adults and 2 toddlers comfortably. Very well laid out.
1. The house is a little dated - for the price, it was expected - we still give 5 stars.
2. A few minor fixes should be done like the nails on the stairs, and the closet (and small bedroom door) were off the track and had been previously damaged.
3. The refrigerator had a funny smell... like jalapenos.
Overall, we are extremely happy with our stay, and will probably book this same house again. It was great and we look forward to staying again.
Quiet, basics all provided. If you're looking for a place that'll you'll basically just sleep at, this'll meet your needs.
Connie J.Mar 2019
The cottage smelled freshly cleaned when we checked in. There were plenty of clean bath and kitchen linens with an available washer/dryer. The porch swing on the covered deck is a perfect spot for relaxing. This home is a good value for Dauphin Island. Will come back again!
kathy D.Mar 2019
Beautiful place to stay
John P.Mar 2018
My experience was very satisfactory
Patty W.Jul 2017
We had a wonderful time at Canal Cottage. Well stocked. Master shower and closet did have a strange smell. Other then that it was a quiet neighborhood easy to get around.
Patty W.Jul 2017
We rented a large house across the street and then added this one for extras. It's an older home. Closet are full of stuff so we left clothes in draws.