Enjoy peace of mind with simple cancellation and optional travel insurance. Learn more >
Pro housekeepers clean thoroughly and provide fresh linens before every stay.
Count on 24/7 guest care and local teams everywhere we operate.
Smart locks or lockboxes at many homes offer smooth, contactless check-in.
Stunning bluff-top home with huge Gorge view, hot tub & deck
Stunningly positioned to overlook Mt. Hood and a dramatic, 180-degree sweep of the Columbia River Gorge, this contemporary bluff-top home will make your next White Salmon getaway one you'll never forget. You'll enjoy fluid indoor-outdoor living, made possible by floor-to-ceiling windows, glass sliders, and a sprawling deck with exquisite views of the Gorge, Hood River, and Mt. Hood. You'll be treated to a private hot tub, an outdoor fireplace, a gourmet kitchen, and an outdoor kitchen with a grill and a smoker - all within sight of the Fourth of July fireworks right across the river!
What’s nearby: Whether you've come to the Gorge to entertain or relax, you'll love being only one mile from White Salmon's delicious eateries and charming shops. From this spot overlooking the Columbia River, you'll be five miles from windsurfing and kiteboarding launches in Hood River, 20 minutes from incredible hiking and mountain biking trails, and an easy drive from the famed Hood River Fruit Loop. You'll also find several Columbia Gorge AVA wineries within eight to 15 miles.
Things to know: Free WiFi Gourmet kitchen Wood provided for the gas-assist fireplace There is a tenant living in a separate apartment above the garage A damage waiver, covering up to $2,000 of accidental damage to the property or its contents, is included in the cost of your reservation.
Parking Notes: Please park in the driveway and there is only room for 3 cars. Do not park on the street at any time.
You must be 25 years or older to rent this property.
Hot tub (Private)
Washer/dryer : Private
Heating & cooling
Kitchen & dining
Hot tub : Private
Basketball court : Private
Gas grill : Private
Nancy M.Oct 2021
We loved most everything about the home!
Chris B.Sep 2021
The house and the spectacular view did not disappoint. We did not want to leave
Thea M.Aug 2021
This was a great place to stay for a few days with one of my oldest friends and our partners. The house was very clean and full of the comforts of home. We took advantage of the well equipped kitchen by making lovely dinners. Then we relaxed with a bottle (or two) of wine on the deck while enjoying the stunning view of the Columbia River Gorge and Hood River. The location was convenient to many hikes, water sports, and good food and beer.
Joan C.Aug 2021
Wonderful view of the Columbia Gorge, large windows to enjoy the view from the family indoor space, great outdoor space and appointed nicely.
Jennifer C.Aug 2021
Incredible view, spacious living areas, and well-appointed bedrooms. Even the kitchen was excellent. A short drive to wineries and the walkable/stoppable town of Hood River. This was a comfortable, luxurious place for our girls’ weekend. We all agree we’d gladly stay again.
NOTE: On the VRBO and Vacasa websites, it doesn't make the bedding situation 100% clear and it took about 2mo of emails back and forth to get a clear answer on where all the beds/rooms actually were. (Hint: There are two beds/rooms that are NOT pictured). Thankfully, this wasn't some scam where the fourth "bedroom" was just the living room with a pull-out couch.
For everyone's knowledge, here is what the bedroom situation is actually like:
Bedroom 1: Master bedroom with the huge windows and bathroom. This bedroom also has direct access to the hot tub balcony, but the hot tub balcony can also be accessed from the 2nd floor hallway, so the bedroom isn't the ONLY way to access it.
Bedroom 2: Halfway down the hall, this is the smallest "bedroom" per se, but it was a Queen size bed and very comfortable. Full closet with plenty of extra linens in it. Pretty decent view, though the window was the smallest. Actually worked out for those of us who wanted a darker bedroom.
Bedroom 3: This one is at the end of the 2nd floor hallway and also has a queen-size bed. Huge window view, big closet, also has a mid-size TV.
Loft/Xtra Futon Bed: This is upstairs off the main hallway and is NOT pictured. It's an open office nook that has a futon in it. Extra sheets for the futon are in the other bedrooms. The futon is decently comfortable but note that there's a bar/indent right down the middle so you basically have to lie on either side of it. This loft area does not have a door and it's right across from the hallway bathroom, so it's probably the least private/nice area. However, it's still more private than being out in the downstairs living room, so it's not the worst.
Bedroom 4: NOT pictured. Downstairs, off the kitchen with direct access to the side patio where the grill is. This is actually pretty big room with a couch that has a pull-out queen bed and a TV. The view is nice and it's light-filled. It has a sliding door, and whoever is staying in this room basically has the downstairs bathroom to themselves (though that bathroom doesn't have a shower). However, I don't think there were screens on the windows in that room, so if anyone went out to the side patio they'd see right into the bedroom.
Other useful notes:
- The kitchen is gorgeous and well-stocked with spices, salt, towels, actually sharp knives, and pretty much any cooking instrument you could want.
-The patio furniture is actually nicer and more comfortable than what's pictured. There are five smooshy chairs with separate foot rests and then a big round table. They were light enough that we could move them around to do a yoga session out on the deck, which was nicely finished/maintained so we could walk around barefoot.
- There's actually a pretty well-equipped office space (two of them), and if you bring an HDMI cable you can hook your laptop up to the monitor if you have to get work done.
- The AC works VERY well. It was 106 degrees and smoky out the day we arrived, but inside stayed nice and cool for us. The bathrooms were actually ice-cold bc of the air conditioning vents at floor level (bring socks if you get cold feet).
- You can't leave the glass windows in the living room open. They have very specific instructions about this because they're apparently the "largest sliding glass doors ever made" and will blow off the tracks in the wind--it is always windy in the gorge, so basically all the time. Not a big deal, but if you were planning to keep the doors open to increase airflow during covid times (like we were), just be aware of that.
- They have cornhole, board games, and lots of books and activities around the house.
- Driveway can accommodate exactly 3 cars. I actually don't know where the renters over the garage park, because we parked in front of the garage doors and that seemed to be fine. There doesn't seem to be any place to park on the street, in case you were trying to wiggle around that stipulation, bc it's a one-way narrow downhill road to get into the house.
- Neighbors in next door houses CAN see y'all if you're out on the deck (I'm sure they enjoyed watching our uncoordinated butts falling all over ourselves during our yoga class) AND if you're naked in the master bedroom at night... but they all seemed nice!
- This house has the BEST VIEW you will ever see in an airBnB house... ever. I'm talking photo-perfect view of Mt. Hood, the entire gorge, and all of Hood River. The house is well-maintained and looks better than in the photos. Trust me. Your expectations will be exceeded.
- Do not bother trying to email Vacasa or VRBO with questions in advance. You will get form letters and horrible service. I had ONE customer service rep named Deanna who actually took the time to call me and answer my question for me, but it took 2 months of begging them to answer my question and them saying, "we'll follow up with the local manager and get back to you!" and then never getting back to me, then lying about having tried to call me, and then when I called them out about not calling me like they said they had, getting yet another generic form email that didn't even call me by the right name. Vacasa and VRBO suck hardcore... but this house is amazing!!!
Jennifer, thank you for staying with us! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and the home's convenient location. We appreciate you taking the time to provide your thoughtful feedback, and we apologize sincerely for any issues you experienced communicating with us - we are actively hiring new agents and updating our response practices to ensure our world-class service. Please know that our guest services line is 24/7. We hope to host you in the future for another pleasant getaway!
Patrick M.Jul 2021
This house is everything it is advertised to be. We could not have enjoyed our stay more.
Candace H.Feb 2021
We had a wonderful time with our children at this home. The views are incredible and floor to ceiling windows throughout take full advantage. The kitchen is stocked and we had everything we needed and there are lots of board games to play while staying warm inside.
Brian W.Jan 2021
The house was very well appointed. The kitchen was very well stocked with excellent quality cookware. Even the knives were sharp, which is unheard of in a rental home! The view is 11/10.
Wish the third bedroom was a queen and the hot tub would be for more than 2 people at a time, but these were minor grumbles. We had a great time in this wonderful home!
Olivia A.Nov 2020
The views were amazing, and the home had all the amenities needed for a weekend stay.
Daniella R.Oct 2020
Perfect house to get away during these crazy times. The view was AMAZING. We will be back again.
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and have notified the local manager of your suggestions. We hope to host you again soon!
Mike H.Aug 2020
The views and set up of this property are amazing! They had everything you need for a nice family vacation. Also there is a grocery store just 3 minutes away!
Mary Ann P.Aug 2020
Loved everything about this house. Beautiful home with a spectacular view from every room. Most definitely worth the splurge.
Margaret Z.Aug 2020
The views are incredible. Felt so lucky to stay there with some friends we were supposed to be in Europe with this summer. The girls learned to kiteboard and the house was stocked with games and puzzles. We cooked some great meals in the fully stocked kitchen and the grill was a fantastic spot. We hope to return another time soon.
Peter M.Jul 2020
Hood River across river is a great little city. Views from property inside and out defy description. We lived on the patio every moment we could. Gourmand kitchen with views that take the pain out of washing dishes. We would come back again. Trip of a lifetime for sure.
Aurora R.Mar 2020
This was the perfect house for a lovely girlfriend getaway. The house was warm, inviting and fully stocked, for a long weekend of cooking, games, movie watching, and relaxing. It was spectacular to wake up to Mt. Hood and the deck offered a great place to hang out and visit. It was chilly outside, but the house stayed nice and warm and the hot tub was an added bonus. I would recommend it highly and can't wait to go back.
Barry M.Jul 2019
We loved everything about this home. It was unbelievably gorgeous from the decor to the view to the decks and BBQs... It was a dream weekend and we are so thankful for the memories. The kitchen was a joy to cook in, the waterfall shower was an incredible experience... it was hard to ever want to leave!
Also, We had a chance to talk to local staff and they were excellent about answering our questions!
Thank you for sharing your home with the world it is truly a site to behold!