Enjoy peace of mind with simple cancellation and optional travel insurance. Learn more >
Pro housekeepers clean thoroughly and provide fresh linens before every stay.
Count on 24/7 guest care and local teams everywhere we operate.
Smart locks or lockboxes at many homes offer smooth, contactless check-in.
Wonderful Main Home W/ Wonderful Views, Free WiFi, Deck & More!
Live like a Southport Island local and make your way to this beautiful retreat for your next family vacation or a weekend getaway with friends! As soon as you step inside this coastal home, you will immediately be greeted by shiplap walls, beachy decor, and a bright interior that will have you slipping into comfort in no time. Start each day on a relaxing note and bring your morning cup of coffee out to the expansive deck to watch the sun come up as you plan a full day of fun. Before heading out to explore the surrounding area, whip up a hearty breakfast in the fully-equipped kitchen using the gas range, stainless steel appliances, and wonderful dishware provided. When it is time to settle down each night, the living area features a sectional sofa and flatscreen TV for movie nights. Plus, everyone can get their own peace and quiet in one of the two bedrooms located downstairs or head up the spiral staircase to find three more bedrooms upstairs.
Nearby Services and Dining Options Cafe within 3 miles. Casual dining within 3 miles. Dine-in restaurant within 3 miles. Gas station within 3 miles. Supermarket within 4 miles.
2 dogs , weighing 20 lbs or less, welcome in this home. No other animals are allowed without specific Vacasa approval.
Parking notes: Parking available on upper parking pad. Please do not park in front of small garage as this is the parking for the cottage.
You must be 25 years or older to rent this property.
Washer/dryer : Private
Heating & cooling
Kitchen & dining
Nearby activities & attractions
Gas grill : Private
Elizabeth M C.May 2022
This was a very nice house to rent and the surrounding area is absolutely gorgeous with easy travel throughout mid-coast Maine. It has a large, reasonably stocked kitchen, 2 baths and 5 bedrooms. The spiral staircase is narrow and not child-friendly but there's another staircase that was easier for them. The rooms are smaller than they appear in the photos, but we (6 adults and 3 children) were comfortable with the space. There was a nice little deck overlooking the backyard and pond, there was some deck furniture and a gas grill in good working order. All the makings for a comfortable stay!
All that said, we rented for the third week of May, and the house had a distinct feel of not having been thoroughly checked over for the season:
no screens on upstairs windows, dirty living room and sliding door windows, broken icemaker on the fridge, cobwebs in some of the rooms, no directions for the heat, no remote for the TV, some bed pillows ready for the trash bin and a nonworking kitchen ceiling light over the sink. We had constant problems with water pressure throughout our stay until it no longer ran. I called Vacasa and a maintenance person came out - the fix was a simple water filter change. Again, all of these were preventable issues and should have been taken care of before rental.
I lived in the mid coast area for the last 22 years and came back for a family vacation. I wouldn't rent this home again without knowing that everything was in good, working order. I actually saw in reviews that there had been water pressure issues but there were responses that the water pressure had been fixed and I trusted that to be the case when I booked our stay. It is otherwise a very nice house in a great area.
We're so sorry the home was not properly maintained prior to your arrival. The property manager is sending maintenance to address your concerns. We hope the compensation provided helps show our sincere desire to care for our guests. Thank you!
Michelle R.Feb 2022
For a summer rental (on city water) for a group of 4 – 6 people I would rate this home a 5. But for a winter rental (on well water) I would not suggest staying here based on our 26 night stay in January.
- First floor is newly renovated - nicely done with new appliances and furniture.
- All mattresses are memory foam - very comfortable.
- Kitchen is well stocked with just about everything you could need.
- Kevin, the gentleman who handles property maintenance. is great! Knowledgeable, friendly, responsive.
- Like previous guests, we had water pressure issues, with barely a trickle of water coming out of the shower. Kevin changed the inline water filter and the pressure appeared to return to normal.
- Unfortunately, changing the filter only temporarily fixed the issue. There was regularly air in the lines, and the water cycled several times a day through normal/low/so hard it hurt your skin, back to normal pressure. We learned to jump back when the warning gurgling started in the shower!
- The home is on well water during winter, and the water smelled extremely strongly of metal/iron. It was so bad that we bought bottled water for drinking/ cooking, which was quite a bit of cost for 3.5 weeks. The clothes we washed now smell like metal/blood, and our skin/hair still smelled for a few days after we left. We brought a small humidifier, and it is now stained throughout with rust deposits.
- There were crumbs on the kitchen counters when we arrived, though the bathrooms seemed to have been cleaned.
- We struggled with the heating at first but discovered that the upstairs unit was mislabeled as heat when it is actually cooling. Things improved after that, but, not surprisingly, when the outdoor temp dipped below ~25 the baseboard heat had trouble keeping the home above 67 degrees. Easily fixed with a sweatshirt, but it did make for some cold mornings.
To be aware of:
- The upstairs bathroom is not updated, shower is not in great shape.
- Though the home sleeps 9, that would be snug with the small downstairs bathroom/overall space. Pictures online make the living area appear larger than it is, though for a group of 4 - 6 it would be fine.
- The spiral staircase is VERY tight. I would not recommend it for children, older people, or those who are much larger than "average" size. There is a back staircase that can be used, but the steps on it are pretty shallow – it is usable, but something to be aware of for older guests.
We're so glad you stayed with us, Michelle. The water filter system has been checked by maintenance, and the heating has been repaired. Thank you for bringing these items to our attention.
Joanna K.Dec 2021
We had a nice time over Christmas break at this cottage. It was very clean and attractively decorated. The Vacasa photos were a bit deceiving as they made the living space look expansive. While the cottage is by no means cramped, it was smaller than expected. We were also surprised how closely the cottage sits to the road, but it is on a dead end lane so traffic is not an issue. It was very quiet and peaceful. There is a pretty creek and pond in the yard and surrounding harbor/inlets are beautiful! We appreciated that Vacasa efficiently handled a malfunctioning refrigerator issue- even at 10:00pm on Christmas Eve!
Our concerns/suggestions include:
-A shovel and salt/ice melt should be provided for renter use. It snowed a few inches while we were there and we had no way to clear the steps.
-The cottage's water pressure was poor. Thankfully, the toilets flushed adequately, but filling pots of water for cooking was an exercise in patience. The upstairs shower was nothing more than a trickle of water. We made do with the downstairs shower, but NO other water could be running at the same time as it would cut shower water pressure significantly. Owners should definitely look into improving the pump/plumbing issues.
-The cottage was heated with a unit blowing from upstairs and it didn't effectively warm the entire cottage. A space heater was provided- which helped, but ceiling fans might be a good investment to push the air downstairs.
Hi, Joanna! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your suggestions for improvement. There is a shovel and ice melt available for guest use. The heater is repaired, and the water pressure is adjusted. Thank you!
Mary H.Aug 2021
Lovely home! Very picturesque location! Minutes from Booth Bay Harbor. Kitchen well stocked. Beds very comfy. This is a 4 bedroom home, but this time it was just my husband and I. Everything seemed brand new. Loved our stay! Thank you for sharing your lovely home!