This Agreement is between: (1) Vacasa LLC* (“Vacasa,” “we,” or “us”), acting for itself and for the owner of the Property (“Owner”), and (2) the person who is the responsible renter of the Property (collectively “Renter” or “you”).
- The property shall not be used by more than the number of adults and children listed in your reservation.
- All guests shall abide by Vacasa’s good neighbor policy and shall not engage in illegal activity. Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- Pets are not permitted unless specifically noted in your reservation.
- The responsible renter must be at least 21 years of age (or the specified minimum age required to rent the property, if higher). Guests under 21 years of age are welcome, but must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- No smoking is permitted anywhere on the premises.
- No commercial photography or filming is permitted on the property. Tents or other structures may not be erected.
- Renter is liable for any damage to the property and agrees to accept charges to the card on file should damage occur during occupancy.
- Cancellation Policy: Rental payments (less the booking fee) are fully refundable up until 30 days prior to the reservation.
A breach of any of the above terms may result in a forfeiture of your rights regarding this rental property, including eviction from the premises without refund.
* If the Property is located in the European Union, your rental agreement will be with Vacasa Europe AG.
Click here to view our full standard rental agreement.
About This Policy
This Privacy and Security Statement describes the privacy practices of Vacasa LLC. It applies to our interactions with our customers and visitors, including, but not limited to:
- Use of our websites, including mobile websites
- Visits to our properties or attendance at one of our events
- Use of our applications for mobile phones, tablets or other smart devices
- Phone and email communications
- Social media interactions on our websites and other third party websites like Facebook, YouTube and Twitter
- Viewing our online advertisements or emails
This Privacy and Security Statement does not apply to third-party websites accessible through our websites.
Information We Collect
We may collect the names and user names of our customers and other visitors. Additionally, we may collect your purchase history, billing addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and other digital contact information. We may also collect information that you provide us about others.
When you make a purchase we collect your payment information, including information from your credit card, debit card, or check.
We may collect information about products or services you like, reviews you submit, or where you shop. We might also collect information like your age or gender.
If you use our mobile websites or applications, we may collect location data obtained from your mobile device's GPS. If you use our websites, we may collect location data obtained from your IP address. We use this location data to find locations nearest to you and driving directions to our homes.
If you use our websites, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We might track the pages you visit, look at what website you came from, or what website you visit when you leave us.
How Information is Collected
We collect information directly from you. The following are a few examples of when we collect information from you:
- During website or survey registration
- In connection with an online or phone reservation
- If you request information on a property
- If you provide us with comments or reviews
- If you upload a photo or other digital content through one of our websites or applications
- If you register for a loyalty program
- If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest, or scholarship
- In connection with your interactions with us as a user of our websites
We collect information from you passively.
We may use tracking tools like browser cookies, flash cookies, and web beacons.
We collect information from other sources.
We may get information about you from third party business partners. We may collect information about you from a friend. For example, if your friend or family member includes you as part of their reservation.
We may share your information for our business purposes and as legally required or permitted, including:
With third parties who perform services on our behalf.
We share information with our service providers, such as maintenance technicians and housekeepers. We might also authorize our service providers to collect information on our behalf. Some service providers may be located outside of the United States. We might also share information with homeowners and service providers to respond to your reviews and questions.
With any successor to all or part of our business.
For example, if all or part of our business is sold we may sell our customer list as part of that transaction.
If we think we have to in order to comply with the law.
For example, we will disclose information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may also disclose information if a government agency or investigatory body requests it.
With our business partners.
For example, we might share information with one of our Affiliates or a business partner who is running a joint promotion with us or who provides a product or service in partnership with us.
To protect us.
For example, we will disclose information if we suspect fraud. We will also share information as part of an investigation.
At your direction.
For example, if you ask us to provide your information to a third-party to facilitate the resolution of a dispute.
Your Privacy Preferences
You can register or change your preferences to receive or not receive marketing communications from us by emailing us at email@example.com. Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed. Even if you opt out of receiving marketing messages, we may still contact you for transactional purposes like confirming or following up on a reservation or home inquiry or asking you to review your stay. If you later opt back into getting marketing communications from us, we will remove your information from our opt-out databases.
Our Sites and Children
Our websites and mobile applications are not created for children. To our knowledge we do not collect information online from children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and think we have information about your child, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about how to protect your child online, visit the FTC’s www.OnGuardOnline.gov. You may also want to read the helpful information about children and privacy that the FTC provides by clicking here.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you live in California and have an established business relationship with us, you can request a list of the personal information we have shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. We will also give you a list of the third parties that have received your information. You can make a request one time each year. To exercise your rights, you can email us or write to us at the address below. Mention in your email that you are making a "California Shine the Light" inquiry. We will respond within 30 days.
When you place orders on our websites, all of your order information, including your credit card number and delivery address, is transmitted through the Internet using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL technology causes your browser to encrypt your information before transmitting it to our secure server. SSL technology, an industry standard, is designed to prevent someone other than operators of our websites from capturing and viewing your personal information.
While we use industry standard means to protect our websites and your information, the Internet is not 100% secure. The measures we use are appropriate for the type of information we collect. We cannot promise that your use of our websites or mobile applications will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet.
Our websites contain links to third party websites. If you click on one of those links, you will be taken to websites we do not control. This Privacy and Security Statement does not apply to the information practices of those websites. You should read the privacy policies of other websites carefully. We are not responsible for third party websites.
Changes to this Privacy and Security Statement
Effective Date: January 1, 2009
Last Revision Date: April 1, 2014
From time to time we may change our privacy policies. We will notify you of any material changes to our Privacy and Security Statement by posting an updated copy on our website. Please check our website periodically for updates.
Our Tracking Techniques
Tracking Tools We Use
We collect personal and other information about users over time and across different websites when you use this website or service. We also have third parties that collect personal information this way. We or our vendors use several common online tracking tools to collect this information. These may include browser and flash cookies. We may also use web beacons and similar technologies. We use these tools:
- To track new visitors to our websites.
- To recognize returning customers.
- To store your password if you are registered on our website.
- To provide you with advertising content in which we think you will be interested. As part of this customization, we may observe your behaviors on this website or on other websites. We may also get information about your browsing history from our trusted business partners and vendors.
- So we can better understand our audience, our customers, our website visitors, and their respective interests.
Controlling Our Tracking Tools
Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. To control flash cookies, click here. Why? Because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings.
If you configure your computer to block cookies, you will limit the functionality we can provide when you visit our websites. If you block or delete cookies, not all of the tracking that we have described in this policy will stop. Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These browser features are not uniform, so we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
Controlling Online Interest-Based Ads
We sometimes work with online advertising vendors to provide you with relevant and useful ads. This may include ads served on our websites or mobile applications. This may also include ads served on other companies’ websites. These ads may be based on information collected by us or third parties. For example, information a third party collects when you register for a website, like your zip code. This might be used to target an ad for people in your area. These ads may also be based on your activities on our websites or on third party websites.
To opt out of having your online behavior collected for advertising purposes, click here.
PO Box 10130
Portland, OR 97296