Max occupancy: 6
2 King Bed,
1 Queen Bed
4WD/traction may be required in winter
71795 E. Linden Road, Rhododendron, OR 97049
Family cabin with a deck, fireplace, jetted tub, and more - near Mt. Hood
Escape to Mount Hood's peaceful forests with a visit to this beautiful cabin. The bright living room and dining room set the scene for a restful vacation. End your day with a soak in the bathroom's jetted tub and cuddle up by the fireplace.
This cabin sits about two miles up the road from Highway 26, and about four miles away from Rhododendron's town center. In town, you'll find groceries, dining, coffee, and trail access.
After a day of hiking or swimming in Trillium Lake, prepare a home-cooked meal in the full kitchen here, equipped with a fridge, stove, oven, and dishwasher. Watch TV to end the day, surf the free WiFi, or linger on the deck for some fresh mountain air.
Save your spot at this delightful cabin today!
* Please note there is no cell phone service at this home.
Washer/dryer : Private
Gas grill : Private
Trevor D.Dec 2019
When we arrived at night we were not using the correct lockbox because it was not easily visible and had to call for assistance. After we threw out the first bag of trash we found that there were no other garbage bags. The propane ran out the last night we were there. The heater stopped working and the house became very cold. We were told they would get the propane filled back up, but we never heard back and nothing got resolved by time we left the next evening. When we went to start a fire to heat the house there was only fire wood and matches to start a fire. There was no fire starting supplies or fire poker/tools to maintain the fire. There is no microwave in the house.
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay, Trevor. We are sorry to see you found it mostly disappointing. The location of the lockboxes is noted in the email sent out to our guests, and we apologize if this was not helpful for you. We have followed up with our team regarding the trash bags and checking the propane. We sincerely apologize for the oversight, especially with the propane, and can confirm the tank has been refilled. The fireplace is not an advertised amenity, so we do not keep supplies on hand for its use. We hope to have another chance to impress you in the future.
Yung-Hsiang L.Oct 2019
Very quick response about questions whiling staying. The house is exactly what I see from the website, very clean, comfortable space.
Erik P.Aug 2019
Monique H.Jun 2019
The water and trees make the most relaxing sounds from the deck or anywhere in the house. Quiet street with a cute places close by for coffee, and food. Clean place with everything we needed for a family of 5!
Huiqi W.May 2019
Very nice view outside the balcony! Comfortable place for family or small group of friends. Was difficult to find the place at night since the house entrance is actually behind the garage, in the woods. But overall pleasant experience!
Paige T.Mar 2019
We loved our stay!!! Some highlights were: the view and sound of the running river! Wow!!! Was not expecting that. We also loved all the original artwork in the home. 👏🏻 We loved the air hockey table. The beds were super comfy. Some things could have made our stay a little better: A MICROWAVE would have been nice and more convenient. The downstairs area could have been a bit more inviting (seating, etc.) A few more extra blankets in closets as well as a few of the blinds repaired would be appreciated. All in all, it was great and met our needs sufficiently.
Heidi L L.Mar 2019
Need a microwave, spices, towel racks in bathrooms, and large mirrors in bedrooms for sharing bathroom time. Great house, warm, spacious, comfy beds.
Cayse S.Feb 2019
After reading the other reviews we were a bit concerned but this house was the only one not booked the weekend we were traveling that would work for the four adults and two kids in our group. We were pleasantly surprised to find that the four star review was much more representative of what we experienced. To address the concerns in the previous one star review:
1) Bathroom doors didn’t lock - no locks, but they did close. They have antique door knobs so some of them in the house were a bit wonky and had to be turned a certain way, but nothing that wasn’t solved with a towel jammed beneath the door if we were concerned.
2) No microwave - correct, but it wasn’t listed in the add so we weren’t surprised.
3) No kettle to heat up water for tea - there was a kettle and a coffee pot, we used the coffee pot to heat up water.
4) Not enough larger pans for cooking - we didn’t have this problem and we cooked A LOT while there.
5) old and outdated home. Too much for the price - it’s old, but outdated seems a bit harsh. The price seemed reasonable to us considering everyone else was booked or had jacked up their prices.
The only other concerns/observations we had that could help future visitors plan for their trip:
1. No landline, great WiFi though!! Just plan accordingly 😊
2. The lower area is open and has no seating or furniture (which was great for us because #toddlersberunning)
3. There is an ice maker in the fridge and a blender! 😊
4. The lower bedroom stays fairly dark during the day so it worked great for naptime 👍🏻
5. AWESOME location and views!!
6. Only ~six minutes from welches and easy to find (just look for the sign on the tree and a garage, you won’t see the house)
7. It’s easier to go through the French doors rather than through the garage. Just FYI 😊
8. Owner was very quick to respond!
Anyhow we had a great stay overall and all of us thought the rating on here was a bit low for what we experienced. Could be due to the owner improving things based on feedback which is pretty cool in my book 😊
Farid F.Dec 2018
1) Bathroom doors didn’t lock.
2) No microwave.
3) No kettle to heat up water for tea.
4) Not enough larger pans for cooking.
5) old and outdated home. Too much for the price.
We appreciate our guest leaving a review for us. The bathroom doors have old antique locks, and to replace them would require installing new doors. We will discuss the possibility of adding the mentioned kitchen items to the inventory. Thank you!
Joshua W.Aug 2018
Nice house, Fantastic deck! Overlooks a stream and thick forest. You can't see the neighboring houses, even though you know they are right there. The main level is nice, the basement is sparse, but not unkempt. The kitchen served our crew of four guys easily. We mainly chose this house for close access to several mountain biking trails, but were pleasantly surprised by the amenities and, once again, great deck!