Explore our Deep Creek Lake, MD, vacation rentals
Find a spot by the water and feel your stress slip away with Deep Creek cabin rentals. Like all lakes in the great state of Maryland, Deep Creek Lake is man-made, but that certainly doesn't take away from the natural beauty of Garrett County's most popular tourist attraction. With 69 miles of shoreline, the area has become a favorite travel destination for families, friends, and couples alike.
The surrounding area of western Maryland offers attractions and activities for everyone to enjoy, including golf courses, fishing, white water rafting, and skiing at the nearby Wisp Resort. If you’re looking for a walk in nature, lace up your sneakers and head out to Swallow Falls State Park, Garrett State Forest, or Fork Run Recreation Area Trails. Whether you're visiting to indulge in a wide variety of water sports, looking to do some hiking in the adjacent forests, or just needing a quiet place to get away from it all, our Deep Creek Lake house rentals offer easy access to enjoying the lake life. Snag a getaway with amenities that add to your adventure, like lakefront access, views, hot tubs, and pet-friendly stays.
Where is Deep Creek Lake, MD?
Located within Garrett County, about 25 miles south of the Mason-Dixon Line, Deep Lake Creek is tucked away in western Maryland, where one can easily find peace and tranquility deep within the forests, out upon the rolling hills, and on the waterways. Stay right on the lake in McHenry, or choose one of our Deep Creek Lake cabins in Swanton or Oakland close by.
For those traveling from the big cities, the area lies 180 miles from the excitement of Baltimore and only 130 miles from the heart of Pittsburgh. The major transportation hub of Washington, D.C. is only 175 miles away.
Things to do near your Deep Creek Lake vacation rental
Though Deep Creek Lake is a favorite vacation spot in the spring and summer, the area boasts fun year-round activities for every kind of getaway.
- Water sports are a main draw to Deep Creek’s crystalline shores. In the summer, make the most of the refreshing waters with a day of kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding, swimming, boating, or tubing.
- Fishing on Deep Creek, Maryland's largest freshwater lake, can be quite rewarding as well, with several varieties of large and smallmouth bass, trout, perch, and pickerel that are sure to bite, no matter the season.
- When you’re ready to venture into land-based activities, you’ll find many state and local parks nearby. Deep Creek Lake State Park offers hiking trails for all levels of experience. Snakeroot Nature Trail is less than half a mile and perfect for an easy stroll, or you can venture to Indian Turnip Trail—a challenging four-mile hike filled with lush ferns. If you’re headed to Swallow Falls, bring your camera to capture the two gently cascading waterfalls.
- Golfers will delight in the three golf courses within minutes of our Deep Creek Lake cabin rentals. The challenging Lodestone Golf Course was designed by the three-time U.S. Open Champion Hale Irwin, promising a rewarding day on the green. Fantasy Valley Golf Course has been updated and improved over the last 10 years for an even better experience than before, and the hidden gem of Oakland Golf Club is a perfect off-the-beaten-path option.
- Even more outdoor activities abound at nearby Wisp Mountain. In the warm months, you can choose from mountain biking, disc golf, mini golf, horseback riding, and arcade games. There’s even a year-round mountain roller coaster, where you can control the speed—up to 28 miles per hour—as you careen down 3,500 feet of downhill. At the end of the ride, there’s even an automated camera to snap a picture of this memorable experience.
- When winter comes, Wisp Resort is the place to be for skiing, snowboarding, and sledding. Meanwhile, the lake itself is a bustling spot for ice fishing, or you can try your hand in a dogsledding adventure for a truly memorable winter experience.
- Not only are the outdoor activities year-round, but the festivals and events are, too. In February, hundreds of participants run headfirst into the freezing water for the Deep Creek Dunk, a fundraiser for the Special Olympics of Maryland. Tap your toes to Celtic music as you watch traditional highland games at the Garrett County Celtic Festival in June. Or hop aboard the amusement rides and see a demolition derby at the Garrett County Fair in July. An Art, Beer, and Wine festival in September and Autumn Glory Festival in October ensure that there are plenty of goings-on near our Deep Creek Lake vacation rentals, no matter what time of year you visit.
Whether you're seeking thrills in the great outdoors, or serenity on the water, where the only sounds are the waves lapping against the sand, our Deep Creek Lake vacation rentals are a fantastic destination for your next trip to western Maryland.