Vacasa was founded on the belief that innovation, optimization, and reliability can revolutionize the vacation rental industry. Today, our teams of local experts create tailored experiences for homeowners and guests around the world. We help enable these experiences with leading-edge technology and vacation rental management services. In this breakdown, you’ll learn about everything from what Vacasa fees cover and why we charge what we do to the value we deliver our homeowners in return.
A dependable stream of higher revenue is one of the reasons homeowners choose Vacasa. Over the years, we’ve acquired a number of vacation rental management companies. After integrating their properties into our system, their homeowners (now Vacasa homeowners) earn an average of 34% more. And because we’re committed to ensuring that every homeowner at Vacasa gets the most value from their vacation rental, we guarantee that they will make more with us than they made before—either managing themselves or with another property management company.
Make More While Doing Less
In the past, homeowners had a choice: hire a professional property manager who would take care of their home at a cost, or manage it themselves—paying less, but doing more. With Vacasa, you need not make that choice. You can earn more, while doing less. From assisting with permitting, to marketing and booking, to ensuring every guest has an exceptional stay in your home, to providing meticulous care for the home itself, we provide a full-service vacation rental management experience.
World-Class Marketing With Higher-Converting Content
During on-boarding, our staff works with owners to take care of every detail. From assisting owners with navigating the regulations and permitting process to providing professional photography with 360-degree virtual tours with Matterport technology to advanced SEO copywriting, we add special touches to help your home perform to its full potential in the digital marketplace.
Our best-in-class marketing services also ensure your home ranks well in all the major booking channels for your location, while our award-winning PR team features homes from our portfolio in top publications and promotes stories about your local community.
More Bookings & Smarter Rates
Once your home is listed, our industry-leading yield management algorithm adjusts your rates based on real-time market conditions, similar to how fares are set in the airline industry. Even the most entrepreneurial homeowner would need a team of analysts working around the clock to provide the same results.
Vacasa fees are an investment in shared success. They cover the cost of delivering an ever-increasing number of quality services in a rapidly evolving industry, and our commission-based structure ensures that our goals are aligned.
Expert Local Support & 24/7 Management
We hire the best and most highly regarded local talent from your market to take care of your home. Our local field teams are masters of home care and maintenance and experts in customer service. And because our rates technology also allows us to maximize bookings in off-seasons, we’re able to support our field staff year-round in a typically seasonal industry. This means we’re able to retain the best local teams and deliver the best service to our owners and guests in every market, all year long.
At Vacasa, we understand that good business doesn’t stop at providing quality services. Our goal is to help you and your community thrive in every sense of the word. That means sponsoring local events. It means operating an SEO-focused travel inspiration blog celebrating local businesses and experiences. It means donating to charitable causes in local markets. And it means promoting stories about local communities, homes, and markets in the world’s best publications.
We don’t succeed if you don’t, which is one of the reasons why Vacasa is so dedicated to supporting and promoting your community.
The Value of Technology
You may have seen lower fees on the market. But keep in mind that cheaper options usually mean you’ll get less value in the long run. A low advertised rate may seem like a great deal on the surface, but you’ll usually end up paying more. All those services and subscriptions—often provided entirely by third-party vendors—can add up.
When comparing vacation rental management services, it’s important to keep the big picture in mind. Many management companies offer lower fees, but they’re in a race to the bottom. Yes, they’re asking you for less, but that can impact the quality of service they provide. You get what you pay for.
Vacasa’s rapid growth is driven by our value proposition. We invest purposefully in technology to improve the guest experience and returns for homeowners. Vacasa fees aren’t the lowest, but it’s through that investment that we’re able to outperform the alternatives. We continually reinvest our profit to improve our offerings for our homeowners and guests.
We’re proud of our technology that we’re continuously developing and optimizing to deliver operational excellence and accountability. With Vacasa, you can rest easy knowing that you will be the first to benefit from our industry-leading innovation today, tomorrow, and as far into the future as you can imagine.
Vacasa Fees: What We Charge & What You Get
Following is a breakdown of all Vacasa fees, and the value those fees provide to our homeowners.
Owner Management Fee
Because we believe in making every single aspect of the vacation rental experience as effortless as possible, we charge just one comprehensive fee to homeowners. Here’s what’s included in that fee.
- Assisting owners with city and county permitting and regulations
- Professional photography with 360-degree virtual home tours via Matterport technology
- World-class Search Engine Optimization copywriting, Search Engine Marketing and remarketing
- Public relations and social media amplification
- Reservations and 24/7 guest customer support before and during their stay in your home, as well as guest screening to ensure your home is enjoyed and cared for during every stay
- Employment of the best field crews in the business to deliver the quality care your home deserves
- Training and retaining the best hospitality professionals by providing industry-leading benefits such as 401K, health insurance, opportunity for career advancement, and competitive wages
- Vacasa’s industry-leading 1:4 employee-to-home ratio ensures personalized quality service for our guests and homeowners
- Ensuring optimal care for your home by providing our teams with the technology and tools to maximize performance and efficiency
- Finance reporting and bookkeeping
As is common in the industry, Vacasa charges a booking fee. In addition, some booking channels charge their own incremental fee that guests will also pay. If they’re traveling with a pet, or stay in a home with a hot tub, they’ll pay additional cleaning fees for those as well.
At Vacasa, we’re focused on providing the most possible revenue for our homeowners. For this reason, we also make our properties available through third-party channels (such as Airbnb, Booking.com, etc.), some of which charge an incremental fee to guests.
- Booking fee—A customary vacation rental management fee that allows us to continually invest in industry-leading tech and best-in-class service, as well as credit card processing fees.
- Cleaning fee—A cost related to our expense incurred in cleaning the home between guests. This includes our labor (generally Vacasa staff, paid a living wage) as well as supplies and amenities.
- Hot tub fee—Guests demand and deserve sparkling clean water, and Vacasa’s professional staff and contractors service our hot tubs, using supplies and chemicals provided by Vacasa.
- Pet fee—Extra cleaning, to ensure that your home is clean and ready for the next arrival.