Make Costa Rica your next getaway—choose from 327 great vacation rentals
There's little wonder why this Central American country is such a popular vacation destination: It embodies beauty in ways that few places on earth do. From rainforests and waterfalls to beaches and volcanoes, Costa Rica is the epitome of adventure in all its natural glory, and there's no better way to experience it than within one of our amazing Costa Rica vacation rentals or villas.
Book confidently. Stay comfortably.
Where is Costa Rica?
Stretching from the Pacific Ocean to the Caribbean Sea, the territory of Costa Rica encompasses 200 miles. While you can drive from coast to coast in only three hours, it could take you months to explore all of the microclimates that this country offers. Touching Nicaragua to the north, the Caribbean and Pacific east and west, and bordering Ecuador and Panama as well, Costa Rica truly is, as its English translation claims, a rich coast.
Beaches in Costa Rica
Ranging from white and gold to chocolate-colored sands, you can find it all in the peaceful paradise of Costa Rica. Snorkel and swim in the quiet turquoise waters at Playa Conchal beach, or visit the calm waters and pristine coastline at Manuel Antonio beach. The whole stretch of Puntarenas Province features captivating views and stunning beaches for your enjoyment.
Playa Santa Teresa and Tamarindo beaches are where surfers find waves while bustling Jacó is a classic vacation destination for residents of the capital city, San Jose. Possibly the country's most developed beach town, this area is a local favorite not only for relaxation but also for nightlife, and our vacation villa rentals place you close to all.
Ecotourism in Costa Rica
- With 27 national parks, eight biological reserves, more than 30 protected zones, and nearly 60 wildlife refuges, Costa Rica is one of the most biodiverse regions in the world. It is said to contain as much as five percent of the planet's species. All of these natural habitats make for an incredible opportunity to experience the various flora and fauna of the country.
- With more than 900 species of bird in Costa Rica, there's no better place for bird watching. La Amistad National Park boasts 500 species of bird alone while all the other national parks feature plenty of species, as well. Visiting any of these lush rainforests will present opportunities to see colorful butterflies, amphibians, iguanas, nimble howler monkeys, and more.
- Nesting sea turtles can be found at Tortuguero National Park, which can be reached only by plane or boat. With 11 different habitats, this park is known as the nesting site for several types of beach-resting turtles, known as tortugas. Playa Grande on the Nicoya Peninsula is another nesting site (just one of a few in the world) for endangered leatherback sea turtles.
Things to do in Costa Rica
- Much of the world's coffee comes from Costa Rican farms and plantations, many of which you can tour. Expand your palate with every different roast and flavor profile of Costa Rican brews.
- The Costa Rican jungle holds plenty of adventure. Hike to hidden waterfalls, zipline through the trees, or bathe in the Tabacón hot springs.
- Take to the sea with a boat tour or snorkeling. Book a fishing tour or a dolphin-sighting cruise and enjoy an adventure on the water.
Costa Rica travel inspiration
7 Costa Rica coffee tours that will elevate your palate
Family-Friendly Costa Rica Adventure Vacations
Tropical Vacation Rentals for an Island Retreat
6 Top Spots for Surf Vacation Homes