Max occupancy: 10
1 King Bed,
1 Queen Bed,
1 Double Bed,
1 Twin Bed,
Sleeps 9 comfortably
4WD/traction may be required in winter
24620 Upper Rim Rock Rd, Idyllwild, CA 92549
Spacious, dog-friendly cabin w/ private hot tub plus creek & mountain views
This dog-friendly cabin sits just a few feet from Strawberry Creek and features a private hot tub and family-friendly amenities for your next vacation among the beautiful San Jacinto Mountains. Whether you're exploring the state parks, heading out on one of the nearby lakes, or attending the International Festival of Cinema, enjoy it all from this rental.
Visit the Idyllwild Nature Center three miles from your cabin, where you can hit the trails on foot, bike, or horseback, or relax among the pines and enjoy a picnic lunch. If you want to spend some time on the water, check out the picturesque Lake Fulmor, 12 miles northwest, or Lake Hemet, just 10.5 miles south. And if you need to shop or grab a bite to eat, the heart of Idyllwild is only two miles from your front door.
Perfect for a family reunion or holiday celebration, this spacious, two-level cabin offers free WiFi to make it easy to plan out your days and a flatscreen TV with Netflix streaming in case you want to watch a favorite show or some movies. If the weather isn't cooperating, warm yourself by the wood fireplace or play some of the provided board games at the dining room table. In warm weather, gather outside on the large, furnished deck and toss a few burgers on the gas grill. Or slip into your private hot tub and enjoy a relaxing soak under the stars. The family dogs are also welcome to come along for an additional nightly fee.
Why wait? Reserve this charming cabin for your next family vacation!
*Active security cameras are located outside of the home pointed at the front door and perimeter. Non-active security cameras are located outside of the home pointed at the backyard pool and patio area. The owners turn the cameras on when the home is vacant.
Property permit ID: RVC-352
Hot tub (Private)
Washer/dryer : Private
Hot tub : Private
Gas grill : Private
Ashley S.Nov 2019
My friend and took our daughter's up for a long weekend! It was perfect! Great space, views, deck and hot tub!
Anthony J B.Jul 2019
The house was perfect for our family over the 4th July weekend. Loved the deck overlooking the running creek. Peaceful setting with ample room. The house was well stocked with everything we could need. Thank you for sharing it with us. We would look to return when back in the Idyllwild area.
Jason P.Jun 2019
We had the best time at the Strawberry Creek Cabin. The Cabin is large and spacious. The best feature is the over-sized deck off the back of the cabin. The Deck is huge integrated with the landscape and overlooks strawberry creek some 40 feet below. Mature pines tower over you but the overall effect is one of coziness as you are nestled between the rocks and trees. Despite this you can even get in some stargazing if you position yourself correctly. The crisp clear nights provide respite from the heat as cool refreshing air sweeps down the creek bed from San Jacinto towering overhead. The cabin itself comfortable providing a nicely equipped kitchen, multiple bathrooms and laundry. Perfect for larger groups. The master bedroom is huge and provides space for a whole family if you throw down a blow up mattress or bags for the kids. The main room has a futon and comfy couches as well if the kids want a slumber party. One of the best features of the cabin is its location, positioned mid way between town and Humber park. My partner and I took an afternoon hike up to Humber park then instead of climbing up the ascent to San Jacinto that can get crowded in summer, we ducked to the right and the trail looped around town and spit us out near town where we grabbed a snack before calling the group to join us for happy hour in town. The perfect end to a beautiful hike. Overall it was a great getaway tucked between the beautiful setting hard to come by in the city and the arts and culture of quirky Idyllwild we love so much. Five stars, highly recommended!
Nikki H.Jun 2019
Loved this cabin! It has everything you need. Wifi, streaming smart tv, bbq, HOT TUB, dishwasher, full kitchen etc! We are booking our next stay!
Megan P.Jun 2019
We came to Strawberry Creek for my spring break and it was the perfect getaway for us. It was such a nice getaway to clear my head for the rest of the school year. The town was perfect just like the house the little coffee shop in town had some of the best coffee I've ever had. The house was amazing it was nice to wake up in the morning and sit in the dinning area and look out the window and see all the nature and snow. My husband and I at night would start a nice fire and watch Netflix and just relax. I can not wait to come back to this awesome cabin.
Damien P.Jun 2019
We had a lovely time here during Memorial day weekend! The condo was perfect for our group of 4 adults and 3 children. We were able to play in the snow behind the property (yes, it snowed at the end of May!) and were able to go sledding 5 minutes away. The beds were comfy, the kitchen had all you need, and the great room was spacious and inviting. There were board games in the loft for the entire group to play with. It was also near everything - coffee shops, restaurants and even a small market for incidentals! I can see how it can be fun coming here in the summer time as well because they have a recreation center across the street and hiking trails nearby. We will be coming back for sure!
Omar G.May 2019
This cabin was great until it wasn't so I am just going to lay it out in a quick, easy to read way.
• Beautiful, Spacious Backyard Deck
• Amazing view of Strawberry Creek from backyard with ambient sound of rushing water
• Large Home with lots of room for a large groups (we had 3 couples and 3 kids and plenty of room).
• Fully equipped kitchen with spices, pots, pans, blenders, etc. etc. etc.
• Our hot water heater wasn't turned on. When we got there we spent a while trying to let it heat up, but it never did. Finally we found the heater and it was turned off. We were able to turn it back on by looking up the user manual online, but then we had to wait an hour for it to actually heat up
• The hot tub had a weird odor coming from it, which we didn't notice immediately. It made our skin smell weird and the next day (in daylight) we saw skin flakes or something coming out of the filter. We cleaned it, but the odor didn't go away so we stayed out.
• WORST PART: We were about to go hiking when we noticed someone messing with the gate (climbing over it to unlock it from the inside). One of the men in our group went to go see what was going on. The two men at the gate said they were friends with the owner and needed to adjust one of the cameras on the deck. It was really awkward, unannounced and just made us all feel a little unsafe that people (especially men) we didn't know and who were NOT THE OWNER were being invited to stop in at their convenience. When I sent the property manager an email they said they had no record of anyone stopping in and apologized, but that makes it worse and even more creepy. It made everyone a bit uncomfortable and really tainted our experience. Plus, who wants to know people are sitting around watching you on camera while you hang out in the hot tub? I understand protecting their property, but having someone bring it to your attention that they are watching you... personally, it gave me the heebie jeebies.
So... you decide.
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy you enjoyed the home. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to this home participating in our Good Neighbor protection program. Please rest assured, we do not record guests. Some homeowners may have outdoor cameras for security purposes. Your safety is priority, and are sorry to hear that you had some uninvited guests. We hope to provide you with a more comfortable stay next time.
Benjamin H.Apr 2019
Amazing deck that overlooks a creek. Was a great spot to enjoy coffee in the morning and a beer in the evening. Parking was better then expected, we managed to park 3 vehicles.
Maggie B.Nov 2018
This was a comfortable house in a good location, but it was not well stocked with basic items that we usually find in rental properties. There were no mixing bowls, a spatula for pancakes or laundry soap. The hot tub was great and the towels provided for that were appreciated.
We are glad this guest enjoyed their stay! We provide a starter supply of laundry detergent for our guests in this home. If this has been missed due to an oversight, we will happily bring a replacement if notified! Thank you for choosing Vacasa!
james c.Oct 2018
it was great
Judy B.Jun 2018
plenty of room and hot tub were awesome
Robert P.May 2018
Beautiful View and Location in the forest!
laura c.Mar 2018
The cabin was clean and cozy, just perfect. My family enjoyed it very much. The Cabin was big with lots of room for everybody.