Great for a beach vacation, this well equipped condo has everything you need! Plus, the Ocean Park Resort has tons of amenities and perks everyone will enjoy!
The big draw to this property is how overly pet friendly it is! Some say it even caters more to dogs than to people. Onsite services include FURology Paw Spa & Retreat, offering dog-sitting and grooming services. We also have a great pool area and sundeck for guests to enjoy. Each property is equipped with one or more rental boxes. Our guests enjoy free blockbuster rentals during their stay. Up to two dogs (weighing up to 40 pounds each) are welcome.
Mini Golf - All Oceana Resorts guests receive free play before 7pm for all members of their party. Lost Mine Miniature Golf is located downtown near several of our other properties. This course is open seasonally from March through October.
Free Attraction Ticket Program - All Oceana Resorts guests are provided with a package of tickets from local partners. The program provides one free ticket from up to 3 partners per reservation. Additional tickets are available to purchase when the free tickets are redeemed. Details are updated seasonally on our property specific websites.
Children’s Activities - This program is available at Carolinian Beach Resort, Patricia Grand, Camelot and Bay Watch each summer from mid-June through mid-August. Activities include shark tooth hunts, crafts, pool games, and more!
Snowbird Activities - This program is available at Carolinian Beach Resort, Patricia Grand, Camelot and Bay Watch each winter from early January through mid-March. These activities build on the snowboard community we have each winter. Activities include card games, crafts, bingo, field trips, Waffle Wednesday meet-n-greets, and more! Additionally we host an annual Wine & Cheese reception with giveaways at both Patricia Grand and Bay Watch in mid-February.
2 dogs , weighing 40 lbs or less, welcome in this home. No other animals are allowed without specific Vacasa approval.
This rental is located on floor 8.
Parking notes: 2-story parking garage on the same side of the street as the resort. (clearance is 6’7”) They also have overflow parking across the street. Parking Pass Policy – guests booking a 1 bedroom unit or smaller will receive 1 parking pass at check-in. Guests booking a 2 bedroom unit or larger will receive 2 parking passes at check-in. Trailer parking is not permitted on site.
You must be 21 years or older to rent this property.
Hot tub (Shared)
Heating & cooling
Kitchen & dining
Nearby activities & attractions
Hot tub : Shared
Pool : Shared
Parking & access
Carla B.Jan 2023
We loved the view. Also the proximity of the stores and restaurants.
Also the puzzles and free dads. Also the way my pet was allowed to stay with me.
william d.Sep 2022
The manger Steve is a great great person an I will always be sure to stay in ocean park resort when I'm in the area...
Maria J S.Aug 2022
The view of the beach from the room is beautiful, but room needs to be updated.. the floor was not cleaned it was very sticky the bathroom wasn’t cleaned at all had to clean it myself. Found several cockroaches too.
Thank you for your review, Maria. We're sorry for the disappointing experience during your visit and we apologize for the maintenance and cleanliness issues you endured. Please know, our local team is available to assist if you encounter any unpleasantries during your visit, and we would have been happy to address these issues had we been aware. We are working diligently to ensure your concerns are corrected for future guests. We hope we can host you for a great stay in the future.
Scott S.Jul 2022
- The view and location! You're ON THE OCEAN. The balcony has a great, unobstructed view of the beach and ocean. Walking distance to lots of great places to eat. Walking distance to the small-format Neighborhood Walmart. You could be without a car and still do just fine here.
- Three pools, a hot tub, and a small wading area
- Two beach entrances
- A dog bathroom is provided in the parking area, but there's also a vacant, empty beach front lot a little bit to the north that's great for dogs
- Housekeeping did a great job cleaning the room. This is a difficult task with this being a beachfront unit that is dog friendly
- The unit did not smell like dog, which was a fear we had for a dog-friendly unit
- Kitchen is great for trying to keep food costs down. The full-size fridge works great! We were able to do a shopping trip at the nearby Walmart and ate two meals a day at the unit
- Parking was never an issue, even when the building was sold out. Parking below-ground is the best spot to keep your car in the shade.
- No daily housekeeping means less interruptions and less tipping. Just take your towels down to the front desk for an exchange if you need it.
- Internet was generally sufficient for all of our needs.
- Unit has TWO air conditioning units that made the temperature and humidity more than comfortable.
- Friendly staff
- Common areas (hallways, pools, lobby, parking lot) were generally pretty clean
- Cross-room noise was generally not an issue.
- People were always great about being smart about their dogs. Folks that had less sociable dogs would yield the elevator if other dogs were present.
- Dogs are allowed on the beach but are time restricted by local ordinance during certain times of the year. May 1 through Labor Day dogs cannot be on the beach between from 10am to 5pm.
- TV's were sufficient
- The photos in this listing are real photos of this specific unit, HOWEVER, they've been filtered to within an inch of their life. This unit is a little tired. The filtering on these photos hide the need for a paint job.
- Nitpicks: Woodwork around the entry\exit door is damaged in lower left corner. Wall damage from doorknob could be fixed with one of those doorknob wall protectors. Some electrical outlets are loose. Some electrical switches don't do anything. Electrical box for old lighting isn't properly covered. Lower shelf for bathroom sink was put on backwards so that the finished edge is facing the wall and unfinished edge is visible. Bath faucet doesn't seem to meet up to the wall like it should.
- The fitness center, an amenity that was and still is advertised, was closed for our entire stay. It looks like it had some kind of building issue in there and there didn't seem to be any work progressing on it during out stay. We were not informed of this ahead of time.
- The couch seems pretty dirty. We get it, it's a unit that allows dogs, but it really needs a cleaning or replacement. The arms looked pretty gross.
- The murphy bed (bed that pulls out of the wall) is a neat feature, but the mattress is the cheapest of the cheapest. We laid on it once and never again.
- The indoor pool area has two large holes in the ceiling. They don't affect the functionality, but it does greatly affect the aesthetic.
- Inconsiderate people in the hallway woke us up a couple times.
- Some people were smoking pot on their balcony two floors below us, but I think management addressed the issue.
If you want to bring your dog, be directly on the ocean, have access to pools, and keep the price down, this isn't a bad option. There are condition issues in the unit and in the building, but they can generally be overlooked if you're willing to do so.
Took away two stars for condition and closed amenities, but added a star back for the friendliness of staff and general cleanliness of the unit and common areas.
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, we are so glad to hear that you had a phenomenal getaway on the ocean. We appreciate you bringing some items to our attention that may need some TLC. We have forwarded your feedback to the local staff so they can work to improve the house for future guests. Please know that our guest services team is available 24 hours a day to assist should any concerns arise during your visit. We hope you choose to stay with us again!
Joy R.Jun 2022
When we arrived there was a brown cover on the couch which had dog hair all over it. The coffee pot was burnt and disgusting which was shown to front desk and nothing was done to correct the problem. There was a fight between a woman and man right as we arrived and police were called. My teenagers saw a huge domestic fight. Couch was disgusting and has pictures to prove. I sent photos to vacasa and nothing was solved. I will never come back. The pool was so cloudy and definitely not as clean and clear as photos show. Definitely not waste your money at this condo, go up to north Myrtle Beach
Joy, thank you for your review, we sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your time with us. We’re sorry to hear that the home was in this condition upon your arrival - please know that this is not the regular standard for our properties. We have implemented a Premium Clean program so we can continue to strive to provide our guests with fulfilling experiences; We apologize for any missteps, as it is never our intention to disappoint. We sincerely apologize for any disconnect in the care you received when communicating with our team and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please know that we take guest comfort and safety seriously, and offer our assistance should any concerns arise during your stay. We will follow up with the appropriate parties regarding your experience to discuss preventative measures and ensure the continued enjoyment of our future guests.
JOANN B.May 2022
When we first arrived there was an overwhelming smell of Pine Sol. At first I thought we’ll at least it gets cleaned and I think for the most part the lobby and elevator area was clean even though the pine sol smell made me nauseous. When we arrived in the room it was old and stale. The floors were animal friendly and when wearing my sneakers I was sliding on the slippery floors. I didn’t dare go barefoot as I was afraid I would pick up a fungus. I couldn’t tell if the room was filthy or just needed a whole new face lift. The air conditioners worked but the room always felt damp. Even our cloths felt damp from just being in the room. The furniture looked to be from the 70’s. I placed a sheet over the couch because without it I was not comfortable sitting on it. It cost us 1500.00 for 5 nights. Never Again!!!!! Last paint job was horrible.
Thank you for your review, Joann. We are very sorry if the home was not cleaned up to our standards. Please know that local staff is available to assist with any cleanliness issues you encounter while in the home. We have passed your valuable feedback to our local manager who will continue to work with the homeowner to make any updates to the home and hope to have the chance to host you in the future!
joanna j.May 2022
0808 was clean, and relaxing, just what we needed. Although we only needed one bed, this unit had 3 total beds( one pulls down from the wall.) Beautiful oceanfront view. The sunrise and sunset were easily viewed from this location. We would be happy to stay here again sometime.
RHONDA S.May 2022
We had a blast. Everyone was very nice. Very pet friendly. I would recommend if you have a pet, take them to furology there at the hotel. Treat your pet to a nice spa day. Room was nice and bed are comfy
DOREEN W.Apr 2022
We have always stayed there -but this time we were not as happy- they are strict about charges for (my therapy pet) yet not strict about people smoking from balconies- a zillion kids in the hot tubs without adult chaperones etc etc - the only thing we were satisfied with was the friendly cleaning staff ..it was clean
We appreciate your feedback following your stay, Doreen. While we are glad you enjoyed your stay, we are sorry to hear that the neighbor's smoking didn’t allow you to enjoy the balcony to the fullest. Thank you for bringing this and the hot tub situation to our attention so we can follow up with our local manager. Please note that all of our properties are strictly non-smoking for the comfort and tranquility of our guests. We hope we can host you again!
JEFFREY K.Mar 2022
Ocean Park is a great value propostion for pet owners. SadIy we're pet-Iess in 2022, but stiII stay here. We like the other fur kids as well as the modest pricing. like most beach properties, OP is a bit shop worn. That's okay. We're not seeking turn-down service or mints on the pillows. Just an affordable oceanfront place that is welcoming, year after year.
Timothy Y.Sep 2021
Staff was great. Room was clean and well furnished. Very pet friendly. Looks like they may have had some ceiling repair as we had some popcorn bits keep falling on the floor.otherwise a truly great vacation
Hello, Timothy! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at Ocean Park Resort 808! We're happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay overall, though we regret that you had some issues during your visit. We have passed your feedback along to local management so they can work to ensure this concern doesn't happen for future guests and we appreciate you bringing it to our attention. We look forward to hosting you again, in the future, for another memorable stay!
Edith F.Aug 2021
Nice place with helpful and courteous staff.
Martika C.Jul 2021
They had great staff, friendly. It was very clean even with it being a pet hotel it was nice.
Mark C.Jul 2021
The views from the rooms and the pool and hot tub were very nice.
Huberta S.Jul 2021
Stay here every year. Never disappointed
Alice N.Jun 2021
The view was great
Stephanie w.Jun 2021
I loved how I got to bring my dog on vacation. I wish there would have been an area around the pool where my dog could have been with me. Also it would be a nice touch if you could give guests a list of dog friendly restaurants and places to visit.
My biggest problem was that both the futon couch and the pull down bed were not able to be laid down at the same time.
Also guests please make sure to look for their dog exclusions. I am just happy my dog for the weight and breed limits.
Also know that you cannot swim in the indoor pool if there is lightning outside.
The employees were very friendly, and the room was nice with a fantastic view.
Michelle R.Apr 2021
The staff was very friendly, they was on time with anything I asked for.. Great stay will be back soon.. Can't complain about nothing..
Jennifer K.Apr 2021
Clean, comfortable beds. But, the kitchen and bathroom needed better cleaning (wasn’t horrible but was as it should be). I had to clean once I got there to be sure everything was ok. Needed minor updates and repairs. Front desk nice but the last night we were there some young “kids” (not worth calling adults) we loud and obnoxious/constantly knocking on each other’s doors/slamming doors/ yelling from balcony and in halls. Called front desk 3 times with no resolution and gave up. I even tried to talk to the “kids” myself. Finally, at 330am they got quiet and had to wake up at 7am to be sure to met somewhat early checkout time of 10am (I had contemplated leaving in middle of night because sleep wasn’t going to be much of an option.). Pet friendly but we had strict rules to follow for our pets who were better behaved than the “kids”(again not worth calling them adults). Would not return due to this experience.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Jennifer. We are so sorry for the disappointing experience you had in our home and any issues you encountered. We apologize for any disturbance caused by neighbors during your visit. We strive for a high standard of cleanliness and apologize for any oversights. We appreciate your feedback and we hope for the opportunity to better serve you in the future!