This cozy and charming Tollgate home backs up to Deschutes National Forest, offering peace and privacy that the whole family will appreciate on your next trip to Central Oregon. Curl up in the sunroom with a good book and watch the passing birds and deer, and spend summer afternoons relaxing on the large deck, taking naps in one the hammocks in the pines, or enjoying the community's outdoor pool, tennis and basketball courts, and bike paths. In the winter, come home from days spent on the slopes at Hoodoo to snuggle around the wood stove or challenge your loved ones to a game of Ping-Pong.
What’s nearby: The Tollgate community offers guests access to a seasonal pool and tennis courts, as well as beautiful bike paths and trails to enjoy. The western town of Sisters, which is home to wonderful shops, restaurants, and recreational outfitters, is just four miles southeast. Black Butte Ranch, with its two championship golf courses and excellent dining, is only eight miles west. During the winter, skiers and snowboarders can hit the slopes at Hoodoo Ski Area 20 miles west on Highway 20.
Things to know: Free WiFi Full kitchen Firewood is provided One dog is welcome
Deschutes County Tax Certificate #77 A damage waiver, covering up to $2,000 of accidental damage to the property or its contents, is included in the cost of your reservation.
You must be 21 years or older to rent this property.
Property tax ID: 77
Tennis court (Shared)
Washer/dryer : Private
Heating & cooling
Kitchen & dining
Nearby activities & attractions
Pool : Shared
Tennis court : Shared
Basketball court : Shared
Gas grill : Private
Ann H.Oct 2020
Clean home with a wonderful sun room to look out at the pines and animal activity in the back yard. Very relaxful. Quiet neighborhood as well.
Destiny D.Aug 2020
Cute, so quiet and out of the way. We were truly able to relax. The windows in the sun room are fantastic and provided a cheery glow in the house. Loved this place, and would stay again.
Jennifer S.Aug 2020
Quiet location, ping pong was fun. Setting was peaceful and relaxing.
We had a few issues. Owner was there when we arrived and was there until after 7pm! AWKWARD!! Owner told us the washer was out of order, we could go into Sisters and use the laundrymat. Frig leaked water on the floor. Living room TV was not hooked up to Netflix as advertised. It is now, only because we fixed it. The house was not clean. Huge issue with covid.
Than you for your review, Jennifer. We appreciate you calling us immediately with your concerns, and appreciate that our local staff was given the opportunity to promptly address them. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a truly exceptional vacation experience in the future.
Deanna M.Jul 2020
Well, I wrote up a review that I thought was going into this public site, but it only went to Vacasa. So, here I go again!
This is a cute, 80’s-style VRBO. Lots of cool artwork by Vincent van Gogh and Monet. Lots of books in the second bedroom, and games in the sunroom.
I made some notes throughout our stay...sorry, I give Yelp reviews, so I tend to like comments. Haha
1. There was a really cool, vintage stove/range in the kitchen. Only 2 out of 4 burners work, and the oven lets heat escape - not fun when it is 80 degrees in the house! 🥵
2. We ran out of toilet paper. Only 2 rolls for 5 people wasn’t enough, without backup rolls. I get that they are probably trying to deter theft (due to all of the Covid stuff), but it wasn’t enough! Good thing I brought a roll of TP (and we STILL ran out).
3. “Thermostat” is not air conditioning. My mistake - I should’ve clarified. Really should list that this house does not have air conditioning! We opened all of the windows at night to help cool it down. This helped a lot, but only if there is a breeze. That last night was terrible. It was 85 degrees in the living room, so the bedrooms were worse!
4. The water pressure in master bathroom is bad. There were two lawn sprinklers on 24/7 might contribute to that?? We weren’t sure if they remained on as a “fire break”, so we left them alone.
5. We couldn’t figure out the Roku in the living room. The owner wrote a note stating that she “hasn’t tried it out yet” either. It would’ve been nice to have that in the evening.
6. This is absolutely NOT a fenced in back yard at all, as stated in the ad. There are large access points at the front and back (large enough for a vehicle in the back). There is a line that I could attach my small dog’s long lead to, which helped. I don’t think it would hold a larger dog, though. There are also two large Akita-type dogs next door. THEIR yard has a 4ft fence around it. My dog isn’t territorial (like theirs were), so I do wonder how they would’ve behaved if my dog started to bark at them?
7. It is very dark in the master bedroom. It has 5 lamps and a closet light...still the darkest room I’ve ever been in. Lol
8. Kitchen is very dark as well - thank goodness was for the light under the cabinet, or I wouldn’t have been able to see what I was cooking! There are lamps everywhere, but with such dim bulbs, it’s like nothing was on.
9. No large glasses?? Only wine glasses, “highball” glasses, and children’s sippy cups. We went out and bought cups to drink out of!
10. I appreciated the well-stocked kitchen (aside from the glasses). They even had some spices that I had forgotten to bring - thank you!
11. The outside BBQ grill was dirty - stinks to have to clean it before using at a VRBO
12. The outside garbage can was overflowing from the day we arrived. Made it tough to get the bags into it. We also ran out of garbage bags inside, as well.
13. So many chairs! The 2 chairs/side table in the dining room was too many. It was so hard to get in and out of the chairs at the table - especially since they all had armrests on them.
14. The Ping pong table and dart board was awesome - so nice to have that out in the cool garage for us to enjoy.
15. The sheets and towels were nice and soft (aside from the sheets in the master bedroom).
16. The new dishwasher was wonderful! Makes me sad to come home to mine again. Haha
17. The carpeting throughout the house was super plush and cozy
18. We Used the provided pool pass several times. The pool and the grass volleyball net at the community area are great. Nice to have those options available!
19. Suttle Lake was super close (15 min). Nice to hang out and swim/play for the day.
20. Ray’s grocery store is right down the highway, so easy to pick up food for the trip
21. All in all, it was a quiet house - aside from the “water is on” sound from the 24/7 sprinklers. Nice neighborhood.
22. The yard was somewhat typical for this time of year in the high desert. Lots of pine needles, weeds and anthills. There were some gorgeous Quaking Aspens in the backyard, that were wonderful to watch as the leaves danced in the wind!
23. Coffee pot should be replaced. I tend to be a coffee snob, I realize, but I always had to microwave my fresh cup of coffee. It doesn’t get nearly hot enough.
It really was a nice stay, but would’ve been much better in the winter! This house is close to all kinds of winter activities!
However, to have a house for rent in the summer, without air conditioning, is crazy! We made due, but it lowered my star review. I would think that you would get more people to stay if you at least put in a few window a/c units during the summertime! It would be a huge upgrade, and make the stay at your place so much more enjoyable!
Thanks for renting out your home to us!
Hello, Deanna! Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you had an overall positive experience with us! We value your feedback surrounding the condition of the home and welcome this is an opportunity to improve our homes for future guests. We hope to host you again!
Darcy W.Jul 2020
If you are looking for a comfortable, quiet and peaceful get-away, yet close to town, this home provides that. When we weren’t out adventuring and exploring, we thoroughly enjoyed sitting in the sunroom or on the back deck watching and listening to nature. The house backs to forestry so the deer are in and out of the yard. The birds are singing. The chipmunks are playing. All really enjoyable and entertaining. The home has a nice layout, is clean, relaxing and well stocked. From start to finish, we really appreciated our time here. A great alternative to the busyness of staying in town. We’ll be back.
Paul F.Jun 2020
Very Quiet in a natural setting next to a large forest. Great for birdwatching and biking and walking.
Kaija P.Jun 2020
This is a great house and Susan, the owner, was lovely. It borders the edge of the Deschutes National Forest and is incredibly quiet and in nature, but only about a 5 minute drive to Sisters. Would stay there again!!
Giovanna C.Jun 2020
Loved the home, very charming and cute. Found in a very quiet part of time all the way in the back away from everything.
cosimo s.Mar 2020
Great, comfortable home, quiet, great access to paths and Sisters, great window views, well stocked.
Beth G.Nov 2019
The nearby national forest for taking private walks with my dog. A well lit area and counter space to spread out sewing projects in one bedroom. Ample cooking and baking equipment in the kitchen.
Alexander P.Oct 2019
House was clean, very private layout for the two bedrooms, huge garage w/ ping pong, sunroom has a great view of the woods, and our dog loved the yard. Would rent this place again
Andrea K.Sep 2019
This house is in a great location at the back of the Tollgate community backing to forest service land. It was quiet and private with some resident deer in the lawn daily. While the home was dated, new carpet was recently put in. The kitchen was well equipped, although the coffee make could use an upgrade. When we arrived the home was VERY warm. There is no air conditioning which is ok if all the outside sun shades are put down early in the day. But, on the day we arrived they were up all day and we had to have every window open all night to get the house to a comfortable temp. Overall we enjoyed our time at this house including the extra amenities like kid toys/games and the ping pong table.