Enjoy peace of mind with simple cancellation and optional travel insurance. Learn more >
Pro housekeepers clean thoroughly and provide fresh linens before every stay.
Count on 24/7 guest care and local teams everywhere we operate.
Smart locks or lockboxes at many homes offer smooth, contactless check-in.
Waterfront Beauty with Breathtaking Views, Free WiFi, & Wood-Burning Fireplace
If you're planning a visit to Whidbey Island, Wondrous West Beach Abode is the perfect place to stay! Located on the water, and right next door to West Beach Park and Graffiti Wall, you will have breathtaking views of Puget Sound, and close access to play on the sand. With two floors of comfort, a large main-level deck and upper-level balcony, a wood-burning fireplace, and a prime location, your next getaway to the Pacific Northwest is sure to be unforgettable! There is also a private washer/dryer combo in the well-equipped, full kitchen, so you don't have to worry about finding the nearest laundromat.
Nearby Services and Dining Options Cafe within 5.0 miles. Casual dining within 5.0 miles. Dine-in restaurant within 5.0 miles. Gas station within 5.0 miles. Supermarket within 5.0 miles.
Places to Visit During Your Stay
Distance From Home
Joseph Whidbey State Park
Whidbey Golf Club
Fort Nugent Park
PBY Memorial Foundation - Pacific Northwest Naval Air Museum
Lavender Wind Farm
Blackberry Hill Farm
Fort Ebey State Park
Ebey's Landing National Historical Reserve
Rosario Head Trailhead
Lam's Golf Links
Fort Worden - McCurdy Pavilion
Things to Know Free WiFi Double sofabed in the living area Beach towels provided Streaming channels require guest accounts to view
No pets are allowed at this vacation rental.
Parking notes: Parking available for up to four vehicles in the driveway.
You must be 21 years or older to rent this property.
Washer/dryer : Private
Heating & cooling
Kitchen & dining
Internet : Comcast
Cable : Comcast
Karen W.Dec 2022
We totally love the beach access and ability to share space. Thank you for a memorable holiday ❤️
JoAnna B.Nov 2022
Ocean views were amazing! We felt like we were in the ocean as waves crashed over the sea wall and our back deck.
Paul K.Nov 2022
Needs some lipstick.
It is me but just use a retired couple. Thank you S.Oct 2022
Very convenient to Oak Harbor but situated on an ideal location on the water. Everything provided to make the stay enjoyable. Vacasa maintained the “House on the water” to a high standard.
Tamara A.Aug 2022
What a great little house on the water for a get-away with your family! We loved being so close to the beach and thought the home was cozy and well equipped.
TINA E.May 2022
the view, watching Whales, Eagles, Seagulls. The spotless house and design, We enjoyed the easy access to so much of the island, easy access to beach.
Jon R.Apr 2022
Loved the house and location, only complaint was the heater was broke an the house got real hot, nothing that opening the doors didn't solve. Would definitely stay there again.
Michelle E.Apr 2022
This property is surrounded by water. On a narrow strip of land between a salt water marsh and the ocean. It is so close to the water that at high tide the waves spray the deck slightly. And looking out the other side you see the wide water of the marsh with a lot of birds. The house is the end house of the row, and thus has 270 degree unobstructed views of the water and across the water the snow capped Olympic Mountains.
The house is spacious and comfortable. The local host is very responsive.
Being so close to the water and surrounded by water, it feels like being on a yacht!
Jerad S.Mar 2022
This thing is so close to the water they don’t have porch furniture. Loved it.
Candice B.Jan 2022
Perfect place. Right on the water with incredible 180°views. Quiet (other than the waves and navy jets which I enjoyed). Comfortable furniture. Living room and main bedroom with gorgeous views. Pretty at sunrise and beautiful sunsets! Convenient location. Felt like you were rural, but quick trip to town or the many state parks . Perfect place for a solo get away, but there was a second room with double/ twin bunk that is available. Easy parking. Kitchen stocked decently.
Ashfaq S.Nov 2021
This place would have gotten a 5 stars had it not been for several inconveniences we faced during a 3 night stay. The views of the bay is wonderful. The sound of the waves is refreshing. The heat in the house was comfortable. It had all the necessary appliances that we needed for our 3 night stay. The home was well kept and clean. The master bed and pillows were very comfortable. The inconveniences we faced were:
1. The electronic door was on low battery. Making it a risk of getting locked out. We called Vacasa to send someone to fix it. However, they couldn't send someone before we left.
2. light switches were confusing to operate due to the timers built into them.
3. The main bathroom didn't have any hand soap by the sink. Just a soap bar for the shower.
4. The master bedroom doors have huge see through glasses in them. Removing any privacy from anyone walking in the hallway. The glass/door could use a privacy screen or curtain.
5. The main door has 2 door handles with door latches that need to be rotated together to open it. So, it is a two hand operation. It was strange and took a few minutes to open the door first time. The electronic latch should be replaced with a deadbolt.
6. The 1 pack of coffee and few cream/sugar pouches were nice for 1 morning. But didn't help the next 2 mornings. I would advise to just keep a container of coffee and a container of sugar/creamer instead of small pouches.
7. The living room lamp light was very low. It can use a higher lumen light bulb to take full advantage of the dimming feature and produce more light when gathering in the living room to play games.
8. The garage gutters on the house entrance side were blocked and overflowing when raining. Our stay was during a heavy rain weekend. We had to walk underneath it to get in and out of the main door and to the car. As a result we constantly got wet due to the heavy overflow of water. Suggest cleaning up the gutter and reinstalling the ones that are broken/missing.
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us, Ashfaq. We passed your comments along to our local manager to review and we appreciate guests’ preferences as a means to continually improve. We look forward to hosting your next stay!
Paul F.Nov 2021
We were the first guests at the Wondrous West Beach Abode; it was both wondrous and directly on West Beach (as the name suggests and as pictures show). The large windows and deck were great to watch and listen to the waves. There was solid birdwatching--buffleheads, pintails, loons, bald eagles--on the pond on the east side of the road and on the water on the West Beach side. The bed in the master bedroom was comfortable and had a gorgeous view. The fireplace was nice to cozy up to on rainy nights. And the house was 10 - 20 minute drive away from restaurants in Oak Harbor and Coupeville, as well as the many parks and hiking trails in central and north Whidbey. Highly recommended!