Enjoy peace of mind with simple cancellation and optional travel insurance. Learn more >
Pro housekeepers clean thoroughly and provide fresh linens before every stay.
Count on 24/7 guest care and local teams everywhere we operate.
Smart locks or lockboxes at many homes offer smooth, contactless check-in.
Charming and peaceful Victorian style home!
This warm and cozy Colorado mountain home is located on a peaceful and secluded lot and is nestled amongst a colorful grove of aspen and pine trees. This comfortable and cozy rental provides guests with two separate downstairs living areas and showcases beautiful Victorian staircase and warm woodwork throughout the home. Visitors are sure to enjoy spending time relaxing together on the covered front porch that overlooks the property.
What’s nearby; The home is located just 2.5 miles south of the town of Divide, where you will be able to stock up on groceries or dine at one of the local pubs. When visiting the area, make sure to save time to visit historic Cripple Creek located 17 miles south on Hwy 67 or the Colorado Wolf and Wildlife which is a 10-minute drive north and west of the home.
Things to know: Free WiFi Full kitchen Washer & Dryer A damage waiver, covering up to $2,000 of accidental damage to the property or its contents, is included in the cost of your reservation.
Parking Notes: large driveway free parking
You must be 21 years or older to rent this property.
Washer/dryer : Private
Heating & cooling
Kitchen & dining
Internet : Century Link
Gas grill : Private
Tim W.Jun 2021
Let me start by saying the interior of the house has the potential to be absolutely stunning. Barring the mostly trivial (but abundant) issues, “Serenity” feels like walking into a late 1800s small western mansion. It has dark stained charming woodwork everywhere, a beautiful carved wood and mirrored fireplace mantel, the stairs feel “steep” like a much older house, and the interior is similarly furnished. However, disappointingly, it also feels like it’s 95% through a renovation, and it’s in desperate need of some upkeep/niche cleaning. The worst part of our stay was when we had a repair person arrive totally unannounced with the passcode to the door asking me to find him a “hidden” garage key. Since there was no vehicle there at the time, I presume the only thing that stopped him from entering the house while I slept was my dog barking. I found him outside the house walking up and down the deck looking in the windows. Super creepy.
My Overall Thoughts:
• Our first impression: At the end of the driveway, there’s a “For Sale / Under Contract” sign across from what appears to be a destroyed trash can or plastic bin full of trash. We double checked the address and confirmed we were at the right place. The sign and random garbage were surprising and not exactly the most welcoming.
• When we walked in the front door, we immediately noticed a bundle of cables coming out of the wall and an unpainted area that appeared to be the remains of an old alarm system? It probably isn’t dangerous, but it’s an eyesore and a very disappointing “first inside view”.
• There’s a second presumably new alarm system by the front door that “bings” every time any door is opened. I’m not a big fan of the constant binging.
• As we walked further into the house we found the large fancy flat screen TV in the primary room is mounted on the wall such that it’s permanently angled upward and cannot be adjusted as the coax cable is under tension and nothing is holding the TV on the mount but gravity. I don’t dare touch it.
• Walking up the stairs we found a smoke detector disconnected and dangling by its wires? This was disconcerting. Are there other smoke alarms that work?
• Although there were no “living flies/bugs” buzzing around the house, almost every windowsill has/had multiple (1 to 6) large dead house flies or random bugs. My city-slicker kids were not impressed. Not a huge deal, but I don’t understand why nobody bothered to just vacuum them up.
• Only half the windows have screens (or screens that aren’t damaged). So much for listening to the hummingbirds... The only hummingbird feeder was empty anyway (we filled it).
• There’s a beautiful wrap around deck on the house with some random junk, two small tables, but no chairs. Not a single one. We ended up spending $100 at Walmart buying chairs so we could enjoy the deck. The local Vacasa contact said "there was never deck furniture". There was furniture, just no chairs.
• Just outside the deck is a haggard old hot-tub with an electrical box dangling from it and a large Aspen that has fallen across it. The hot tub wasn’t listed as an amenity, but it is an eyesore and the electrical box is disconcerting. There’s also sporadic trash on the ground such as napkins, a shovel handle, an old bike, a used paper plate, etc. The outside of the house definitely doesn’t match the inside.
• The house features a beautiful dining nook looking out onto the property. This is how we discovered the unused water feature full of stagnant gross water.
• There’s a fence surrounding the “back yard” of the property but I’m scared to let me dog run free as there was no way to keep him out of the stagnant water. Having my poor dog catch giardia (which is common in standing water in CO) would not make for a happy getaway.
• Many of the random “fittings” in the house were loose. For example, the kitchen sink water faucet wobbles around badly. There were random loose screws on door knobs, there wasn’t a level picture in the house, etc.
• There’s a Keurig machine (not shown or listed in the images on the VRBO web site) but there were no coffee pods. We spent more money at Walmart buying coffee pods. We’ll leave our leftovers for the next guest. Our last rental provided coffee pods, an amenity we overlooked as a given.
• There’s a beautiful windowed reading nook in one of the smaller rooms. Again, more dead bugs in the sills. Paper thin cushions in the nook.
• There’s a very crooked very permanently mounted beautiful wood coat rack at the top of the stairs.
• The house is nicely furnished, albeit with furniture and beds ranging from new to well worn. For example, the couch in the main room seems to have debris stuck to the cushions. The tall kitchen table and chairs are a little wobbly. The small table in the large room is broken and wobbly. The MBR bed isn’t very comfortable. The kids said their beds were also uncomfortable.
• There’s internet access but it was testing out at approximately 5Mbts/s down. Probably average for the mountains, but painfully slow for anything but email. Watching TV while downloading large files was painful for all involved.
• The only real “scary” part of the stay thus far was Monday early afternoon. I was napping while my wife and kids went to cave of the winds when a man knocked on the door. Fortunately, my dog was with me and prevented the man from entering the house. I came downstairs as fast as I could (I’m handicapped, so it wasn’t very fast). He told me he was there to work on the garage and asked to come into the house to find the “hidden key”. Long story short, I couldn’t find the key, I couldn’t get in touch with the local Vacasa contact (or her backup number) and I was not comfortable having a stranger entering my temporary home with 0 notice when I was alone.
• Some of the interior of the house has recently been painted? and there’s random pieces of blue “painters” tape throughout on the walls.
• A previous guest’s dog wanted very badly into the closed MBR and scratched up the door in the process. More minor ugliness.
• There are cracks in the walls above several of the doorframes and someone drilled a hole (for an HDMI cable of all things) through what appeared to be a heavy wood beam that runs the length of the house. I'm no structural engineer, but I wouldn't buy the place...
To paraphrase, overall this house has so much potential. I hope the new owner takes the initiative to fix everything. For the price we paid for our 4 night stay, most of the issues could be permanently resolved and we could’ve spent my time enjoying ourselves instead of writing this review and making trips to Walmart.
Hello Tim, we do so apologize for the disconcerting state of the property you rented. While this property has been sold we apologize that you had a negative experience in communicating with a member of our team. We are committed to providing our guests with the very best vacation experiences, and we regret to hear if a personal touch was lacking. We hope you will give us a second chance to better serve you at another Vacasa home in the future .
Sheri R.Mar 2021
house was fabulous. had enough room that we weren’t on top of each other. Grandkids had a blast playing outside.
Matt F.Sep 2020
The autumn leaves were turning and it was simply stunning. Loved the wood floors. Lot of space and lots of quiet, peaceful time here.
Keith H.Aug 2020
It was quiet and remote.
Mary C.Jul 2020
The location is nice. Exactly what we were looking for. Quiet and wooded area made for some beautiful pictures. Limited eateries in the area and one grocery store. So if you are looking for restaurants and shopping be prepared to drive the nearby town. Home was spacious and cozy with a vintage vibe.
Thank you for the review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and got some beautiful pictures! He hope to host you again soon.
Doreen M.Jun 2020
Plenty of room for our family vacation! The yard was perfect for our fur baby and the property felt secluded even though we were only minutes from grocery and restaurants! The night sky offered beautiful star views not seen in cities and was a short drive from pikes peak, and Colorado Springs. The home was comfortable with plenty of space for entertaining multiple ages with 2 living areas and the kitchen was rooms enough to make you feel at home. Great find, definitely recommend!
Genesis A.Dec 2019
My family and I took a small break from Houston and headed to Colorado. I was impressed on how fast we arranged the booking and everything was great. When we got there the snow was about 2-3 ft high. We had a really hard time getting up to the drive way! Even with a 4x4! We gad to carry/push luggage through 2-3 ft of snow! (Not happy about that!) The next day I called the manager and she did everything she could to get it cleared out. They told us to use the snow shovel to clear the drive way if I really need it. I was not going to do that on our vacation btw! So she did what she had to do to get it cleared asap! She did a great job.! Other than that we were very pleasant with everything! It was really clean and cozy! Would stay Again for Sure! :)
Susan W.Aug 2019
Very spacious beautiful home! 3 bedrooms upstairs including a very spacious master and attached bathroom with two sinks. Downstairs there were 3 plush comfy sofas that could be slept on. There are hardwood floors and some nice design touches. Kitchen was easy to use and had what we needed. It is very quiet and peaceful.
I would be happy to stay here again.
Sheryl B.Jul 2019
A very comfortable and relaxing beautiful home on a tree lined lot and great location to visit popular sites. We would recommend this home for a family vacation and would stay here again.
A W.Apr 2019
The house is big and beautiful. It’s surrounded by woods so it’s quiet and peaceful. The kitchen is stocked with all manner of cooking items, the kitchen is spacious, and the beds are comfortable. This was a perfect fit for the 7 adults in our group.