Make Yosemite National Park your next getaway
Find out for yourself why Yosemite National Park is an annual trip for travelers all over the world. With 2.27 million visitors a year, Yosemite’s diverse and stunning natural wonder leaves a unique impression. Come see glacier-carved valleys and granite mountains, spectacular waterfalls, and peaceful meadows with a Yosemite National Park vacation rental.
Book confidently. Stay comfortably.
Explore our Yosemite National Park vacation rentals
Stand amazed at the grandeur of El Capitan and Half Dome, or scout for wildlife on a scenic outlook. There are 750 miles of hiking trails, lakes for fishing, and surrounding waterfalls, with enough activity to pack a vacation full of adventure. Explore one of the country’s most beautiful national parks and make new memories with loved ones.
Where is Yosemite National Park?
Yosemite National Park is located in Mariposa County, known as Gold Country, in the heart of California. It lies 163 miles from San Francisco, 281 miles from Los Angeles, and 340 miles from Las Vegas. The park covers nearly 1,200 miles of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, with five entrances: Hetch Hetchy Entrance, Big Oak Flat Entrance, Arch Rock Entrance, South Entrance, and Tioga Pass Entrance.
Things to do
While Yosemite is overflowing with endless possibilities to fill your days during your stay, there are certainly some must-sees.
- In the valley, be sure to catch Yosemite Falls and visit the museum to learn about the natural history and the iconic explorer, John Muir, who was responsible for Yosemite being established as a National Park. Glimpse the unique formations of El Capitan, Half Dome, and Sentinel Dome, with daring climbers dotting the rock faces. A short drive from the valley will bring you to Tuolumne Grove, where you will feel dwarfed by the magnificent Giant Sequoias, some of which can live for over 3,000 years.
- After a few days of exploring, you might pamper yourself with a massage at Ascent Spa, or one of their many spa treatments. Go within and take a yoga class at Yosemite Health Spa, or go on a yoga trek with Balanced Rock Foundation for some outdoor yoga in a stunning natural setting. During your vacation, be sure to visit one of the many art galleries in and around Yosemite featuring the work of both famous and local artists.
- In summer, stock a daypack with all the essentials, and set out from your Yosemite cabin rental to explore more than 800 miles of hiking trails on foot, horseback, or mule. Take a dip in the natural waters of Lake Don Pedro or Lake McClure. If you're looking for more boisterous water fun, go water skiing, jet skiing, windsurfing, or take a raft trip down the Merced River.
- Fall is the least populated season at Yosemite, with most areas and activities still open and operating, so take your time exploring and enjoy a slower, more serene pace. Take a hike amidst deciduous trees to see explosions of color - yellows, oranges, and reds - mixed with giant evergreen sequoias on the Valley floor. Or wander higher up for a bird's eye view and snap some photos to commemorate the time you spent in this beautiful natural wonder.
- With a Yosemite cabin, you can kick off the perfect winter adventure. Head to Badger Pass Ski Area for some downhill skiing, snowboarding, or tubing, or wind your way through the majestic sequoia groves on cross-country skis or snowshoes. Work on your Axel and toe loop at Half Dome Lodge or at Tenaya Lodge's covered ice rink.
Programs, Tours, and Adventures at Yosemite
Take the pressure off yourself when planning how to spend your day, and leave it to the pros. Yosemite Conservancy, Yosemite's Interpretive and Ranger Programming, and Delaware North Companies Parks and Resorts are all primed to take you on memorable programs and outdoor excursions, including, art workshops, naturalist hikes, twilight strolls, and stargazing tours. If you have children with you, Natural Bridge offers educational, hands-on programs just for kids, ages 10-17.
Yosemite National Park Travel Inspiration
9 National Park Vacation Ideas