Enjoy peace of mind with simple cancellation and optional travel insurance. Learn more >
Pro housekeepers clean thoroughly and provide fresh linens before every stay.
Count on 24/7 guest care and local teams everywhere we operate.
Smart locks or lockboxes at many homes offer smooth, contactless check-in.
Bright, Waterfront Home w/Free WiFi, Private W/D, Pool, Hot Tub, & Shared Pool
Escape the day-to-day stress and experience the beauty and peaceful serenity of Hatteras Island on the Outer Banks. From the moment that you step inside Sandy Bottom, you can relax knowing that your week will be filled with magnificent ocean and sound views, awe-inspiring stargazing, and all of the amenities from home that you will need during your beach vacation. You are steps away from the ocean, restaurants, local shops, and galleries. There is even a Food Lion a block away, so you can wait to pick up your groceries when you arrive on Hatteras Island.
Sandy Bottom has everything that you could ask for in a dream week vacation home. There is a private pool, private six-person hot tub, a pool table, wireless Internet, DirecTV including the NFL Ticket package, and many DVDs, books, and puzzles that will entertain the entire family.
We've even placed a hairdryer in every bathroom so that you have more room in your suitcase for items that you need for the sand and sun.
Sandy Bottom has a wonderful great room that includes a pool table, flatscreen HDTVs and DVD players in the great room and all bedrooms, a four-person porch swing, and plenty of deck furniture including a hammock.
From a fully-equipped kitchen to two outdoor showers, we've got your vacation destination ready. All that Sandy Bottom needs is you!
Thank you for considering Sandy Bottom as your Hatteras Island destination. Once you are here, you will be so glad that you did.
Things to know: You will be required to sign an additional lease agreement upon making a booking which will be sent to your email. You will not be able to check in until we have received your signature electronically. Please contact us directly if you do not receive this agreement.
This property is managed by Vacasa North Carolina LLC. For 2022, the pool will be open April 9th to October 14th. It will otherwise be unavailable for guest use.
No pets are allowed at this vacation rental.
Parking notes: Please park in the driveway. The total maximum number of vehicles is five. Parking on the lawn is not allowed as this may cause damage to the home's septic system. RV is parking not allowed in this community. If you are bringing an RV for your stay, you are welcome to park it in the parking lot of the Avon office, located at the following address: 41156 Hwy 12, Avon, NC 27915
You must be 25 years or older to rent this property.
Hot tub (Private)
Washer/dryer : Private
Heating & cooling
Kitchen & dining
Nearby activities & attractions
Hot tub : Private
Pool : Private
Pool table : Private
Basketball court : Private
Shared Charcoal Grill
Robert V.Jul 2022
House was perfect for us! We loved the area and enjoyed our stay.
Holly L.Jun 2022
Clean and Comfortable
Not at all happy with the 6 p.m. check-in time!
Marian K.Jun 2022
We absolutely loved the house and the location it was clean except for the coffee maker had coffee grounds all through it. And the mattresses were all very uncomfortable they need new ones badly!!! Other then that we had a great vacation. Oh and we were very disappointed about the pier hour we usually loved going out there after lunch and fish till 11:00 now it closes at 7:00!!!!!
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay, Marian! The homeowners replaced the kind beds at the beginning of July, and housekeeping has been reminded to check the coffee maker. Thank you!
Victoria K.Apr 2022
My family had a great time!! The location is perfect. The house could definitely use some updating especially the mattresses but it had beautiful views and we would absolutely stay here again.
Robyn S.Apr 2022
The location of the house was great. Short walk to the beach as well as restaurants and stores. The sound access was about two miles from the house. The house was very clean and just as expected. The kitchen had everything we needed and the pool table was a big hit. We would definitely return.
Tyler R.Aug 2021
We had a great time, we enjoyed the pool and hot tub also having a pool table was great entertainment.
Damion B.Aug 2021
We had the best vacation ever. The home is lovely and the location was truly paradise. Thank you!
Bonnie S.Aug 2021
The home was spacious & kitchen was stocked with all the things one would need while vacationing. The kids loved the pool as well.
Kimberly L.Jul 2021
Everything about this home was 5 star! A truly relaxing time here. Super clean. Very convenient to everything. Beach access only a 5 minute easy walk. I would advise anyone that has trouble walking to just know that there are alot of stairs. We were fine however and loved the spacious rooms and private pool and hot tub. This was a long overdue break and both the owner and Vicasa were quick to respond every step of the way. We were truly blessed to have this time together here...thank you!
Faith M.Jun 2021
Absolutely loved every single thing about the home. It is carpet throughout, but it was super clean! I’m only giving 4 stars because of the pool. The water was absolutely ice cold, completely intolerable. Paying for the luxury of having a private pool was pointless. The weather on the week we came down was terrible, to no ones fault. We had one beach day. Being able to get in the pool would have been nice, but instead we were cooped up in the house all week. Thankfully the house is stocked with every single thing needed for such a week. Amazingly stocked kitchen and games. The living area is very open and gives lots of area to spend time with the family without being anywhere near cramped! We would definitely stay here again, maybe just in July where there’s no way the water could be cold! 😂
Jane M.Jun 2021
While this house has some good qualities, like some of the beds are really comfy and the living room furniture is ok, it has more negatives that outweigh the goods. We stayed 5-22 thru 5-29 2021.
- The hot tub is big and nice.
- The pool was clean, although small.
- The house was overall relatively clean.
- The furniture and beds, while some are old and tattered, were adequate.
- The kitchen was well equipped.
- Plenty of parking.
- Quiet neighborhood.
- Great selection of movies.
- The internet connection worked well.
- The main master shower wouldn't drain (at all) from the start. Called every day, was told by Steve they would fix it on Sunday. Nobody EVER showed after multiple calls, the entire stay! GROSS Not to mention the inconvenience of sharing a bath with another couple. (I am being refunded $200 for the inconvenience, per the Prop Mgr.) I would have preferred they just fix it or at least remove the dirty water!
- Very slow drain in the bathroom sink as well in the main master.
- Nearly no water pressure in the kitchen. I believe this is likely the reason the dishwasher doesn't get the dishes clean.
- MOLD / MILDEW on multiple places of the family room ceiling and around the vents. Finally got a call from Dawn, Prop Manager about my concerns with this house today (6/2) Property Manager says the mold and mildew come back so fast and it is not a health or safety concern. Really?
- The drywall tape is coming off the ceiling in the living room. There are places where leak/drywall repairs have been attempted and looks bad.
- The high-top furniture out by the hot tub is rusted, torn and filthy. Completely useless.
- The pool furniture is dirty cheap plastic and the cushions that were thrown in the corner on the ground are torn, filthy and disgusting. If you're going to use plastic, at least hose it off and throw away the disgusting fabric pads.
- There is a FOUL off-putting odor when you're by the pool. Don't know if it is the canal or coming from the home, but it smells like sewage. When there was no wind, it was unbearable.
- The house needs a fresh coat of interior paint.
- The house has not been updated, it has laminate counter tops, carpeted floors and the decks are pretty deteriorated.
- The linen bins were left in the middle of the floor. I've always experienced these being left outside under the carport for the cleaning crew, not in the middle of the living space.
Overall I gave this house 3 stars. If I were rating the Property Management Company's management of this house, I would give them 2 stars.
Will not choose this house again.
Hello Jane, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We will be sure to pass your suggestions along to our local manager who will work with our homeowner to make necessary upgrades. We look forward to hosting you again!
Lynette H.May 2021
This is the second time that my family and I have stayed in this home! We love it here! There is room to spread out and something that everyone will enjoy whether it is the pool table, hot tub, swimming pool, hammock or the close proximity to everything in Avon and other close by towns!
Vicki G.Apr 2021
Every thing was just perfect! Very clean other than black hair all over the bathroom. Other than that it went beyond our expectations! Will recommend to everyone. Thank you for everything
Priscila C.Apr 2021
My family and friends enjoyed a relaxing staying! It's big, bright and clean with all you need to stay all day in the house indoor and outdoor. It has little private outdoor spots. Comfortable beds and love seats. A well equipped and loaded kitchen.
Definitely, I recommend it.
Jamie d.Mar 2021
The house is gorgeous and very well stocked! We had an amazing time there and you can tell that the owners are very thoughtful. The cleaning and linen service, not so much. The first night I slept on the mattress pad cover because I didn’t have any sheets. It was 2 a.m. and I couldn’t call anyone. The next day sheets showed up on the front steps. The bathroom smelled so bad that you would gag going in there. My husband cleaned the black gunk from the sink, but we didn’t go back to that bathroom. I loved the area and the amenities, but I will probably use a different rental next time to avoid these issues.
Hi, Jamie! We are sorry to read of the cleanliness issues you experienced due to some miscommunication between staff members. This has been rectified. Thank you!