Explore our vacation rentals in North Georgia
No matter if you’re looking for a romantic getaway or a full family reunion, you’ll find a stay to suit your style between condos, spacious family vacation homes, and pet-friendly cabin rentals.
The Chattahoochee National Forest and its surrounding lakes and mountains make up one of the South's most sought-after destinations. Here, you’ll find quaint day trips and attractions like Cloudland Canyon State Park, Tallulah Gorge State Park, the mountain city, Blue Ridge, and the quaint Bavarian town of Helen.
Our North Georgia mountain cabin rentals provide that rustic escape you've been craving: forest scenery, a cozy feel, and perhaps a hot tub steaming on your deck. Search vacation homes by amenities that will add to your adventure, like mountain views, riverfront homes, water views, fireplaces, hot tubs, and dog-friendly rentals. Brush up on your fly fishing technique, lace up your hiking boots, and gather your loved ones for a trip to the mountains of North Georgia.
What is North Georgia known for?
It’s impossible not to talk about the area without mentioning the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. The natural scenery is not to be missed in any season, though fall is a favorite time to catch the colorful foliage on a scenic drive or a trip on the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway. Take your pick of a variety of cute mountain towns, surrounded by Appalachian landscape about 80 miles north of Atlanta.
Blue Ridge, GA, is a main hub of adventure for most travelers, as well as Helen, which is known for its Bavarian architecture and mountain views toward the east. Apple hotspot Ellijay is a tourist favorite to the National Forest's southwest. Head up the 75 toward the Tennessee border and you'll hit Hiawassee, home to Lake Chatuge.
Things to Do in North Georgia
Visitors retreat to North Georgia vacation rentals to savor the Blue Ridge Mountains' abundance of hiking, boating, and fly fishing. While the outdoors offer endless entertainment, the friendly small towns provide easy family-friendly fun and delicious eateries.
- There are plenty of ways to sightsee, whether by scenic drives or a ride on the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway, a piece of living history showcasing stunning mountain views. If you’d like to explore on foot, the Appalachian Trail starts in the Chattahoochee National Forest, and you don't have to be a hardcore hiker to enjoy the area's trails.
- Festivals are a big attraction here, with the Ellijay Apple Festival adding flavor to North Georgia spring. If you're visiting in the fall, put Helen's Oktoberfest on your calendar, or be sure to stop by during December and watch the town transform into a winter wonderland.
- Blue Ridge offers an exciting blend of outdoor and city attractions, featuring an amusement park, mini-golf, breweries and restaurants, as well as access to the Toccoa River, a favorite place to float during the warm summer months.
- . Blairsville's Lake Nottely is well-known for its water sports and excellent bass fishing, and it's only one of the region's many beautiful lakes.
- Looking to reconnect with nature? There are few places better than Cloudland Canyon State Park or Tallulah Gorge State Park, each boasting jaw-dropping views, a network of hiking trails, as well as waterfalls and mountain views.
- Of course, hiking isn’t the only way to enjoy the outdoors. Gear up for a mountain bike ride or horseback ride, relax on a fishing trip, putt away at Old Toccoa Farm’s golf course, or zipline through the trees.
Whether you're here for adventure or to simply enjoy some cozy evenings in a North Georgia cabin rental, we have just what you're looking for. From antique shopping to white water rafting, the towns of North Georgia have something for everyone.
North Georgia travel inspiration
Best Bavarian Villages in the United States