Make Southern California Coast your next getaway—choose from 1,202 great vacation rentals
Your palm tree paradise awaits. Plan your escape to Southern California Coast vacation rentals and indulge in sunshine, adventure, history, fresh seafood, and the best Mexican cuisine stateside. Get your feet sandy on the west coast.
Book confidently. Stay comfortably.
Explore our Southern California Coast vacation rentals
Grab your sunglasses and set out west. Southern California Coast vacation rentals are your gateway to the Pacific Ocean, glamorous beaches, nightlife, taco trucks, and world-renowned attractions like Disneyland and the San Diego Zoo. Indulge in a beach house rental to never miss a moment on the water, or find a luxurious loft downtown.
Where is Southern California Coast?
The Southern California Coast stretches from San Luis Obispo to Chula Vista, just beyond San Diego, and includes Catalina Island. Stay in dream destinations like Los Angeles, San Diego, Anaheim, Santa Monica, and more. The Southern California coastline covers famous beaches like Malibu Beach, Huntington State Beach, La Jolla, and Mission Bay.
Things to do on the Southern California Coast
The coast was made for adventure. Foodies, thrill-seekers, artists, and beach bums welcome.
- Wake up early for a surf. Locals recommend Newport Beach and Cardiff Reef for the best swells. If you’ve never caught a wave, there’s no better place to find surf lessons.
- Get back to nature. Lace up your sneakers and head out to hike the Hollywood sign, the Torrey Pines State Reserve, or get your desert digs in Joshua Tree National Park. For stargazing and other natural wonders, check out the Griffith Observatory and The Channel Islands National Park.
- Day trip the attractions. The Southern California Coast is a hub of entertainment. With Disneyland, the San Diego Zoo, Sea World, the Santa Monica Pier, and Balboa Park, there’s no shortage of activities to choose from.
- Pull up a chair and dig in. Whether you’re craving seafood, tacos, or everything in between, California has a wide range of cuisine. Locals recommend the Ironside Fish & Oyster Bar in San Diego, Guerrilla Tacos in Los Angeles, and Aqui es Texcoco in Chula Vista.
- Sightsee through arts & history. One thing that stands out are SoCal’s Old Town Spanish Missions—historic attractions you can find in San Diego and Santa Barbara (there are a total of 21 Missions throughout California). If you’re looking for awe and inspiration, check out The Getty Center or Natural History Museum in Los Angeles, and MOXI, The Wolf Museum of Exploration + Innovation in Santa Barbara.